November Diving in the Keys for a Beginner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LittleOne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've only had 2 ocean dives before in Key Largo in June. We had some swells but that was all. I am planning to go down again in November but I aslo want to take my friend who has never ocean-dived before and is not so comfortable in the water. Last time I went and took a guide with me and was completely natural and comfortable. I have 8 dives total she has 6. What are the conditions like there in November. Would 2 beginners be able to dive with out much trouble?

should be a walk in the park. I recommend the Pennekamp State park charter for 60 bucks to the benwood wreck. Its an easy 35-40 fsw dive within the reef. Water will start to cool so....3-5 mil suits. I have some benwood and charter pics on my link showing "typical" dive conditions both above and below water....and for some good video you can look on youtube.com and search key largo ........enjoy and have fun

I second the Benwood there are other great reefs to go to dive too. Novemeber should be after huricane season.

We dove with Silent world they were really good. Smaller boats on the Atlantic side (shorter boat ride).

Thanks guys. I actually dove the Benwood with Silent World in June. I loved them. They were all very kind and eager to help me out as a beginner.

Diving conditions in The Keys in winter all depends on cold fronts. After the front passes the wind can blow 20 knots for a day or so and conditions are fairly rough. It begins to settle down and gets calmer with each passing day. As the next front approaches the wind comes out of the south for one or two days and the ocean gets real calm. November is generally pretty good. The fronts aren't as frequent and aren't too severe. Also, you can use geography to your favor. The Upper Keys are alligned north / south while the Lower Keys curve to an east / west orientation. When one area is blown out the other is usually pretty good. Just get on the Overseas Hwy and drive to calmer water. Good luck and have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom