Obtaining British food abroad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leggeyuk:
In relation to my last thread, a couple of you showed interest in condiments and other british foods, well i would just like to show you this link

http://www.britsbuy.com/

This site you can purchase an array of condiments, mushy peas (marrowfat) and most importantly proper paxo sage and onion stuffing (which contains no nutmeg like the american "english stuffing" products). So have a look and enjoy.

Steve Legge

When I first saw this thread I thought it was suppose to be in the scuba humor forum :wink:

has anyone else noticed that HP sauce tastes different here (US) then there (UK)?
i've ended up having to import mine.

anyone find a vendor for John Smiths beer?

Marmite? Is that anything like that God-awful Vegemite stuff that the Aussies have? Cause if it is it provokes the following response: "There is no way a just and loving God could allow such a product to exist". Yeeeeecch!!!!!

And Scubadog, what brings you to Indiana?

We have a few stores in Orlando, of course visiting family members with large suitcases help ease the rediculous import costs the vendors here charge - rellies then take back other stuff like cheap clothes etc to refill their cases on the way home :wink:

I do miss the stuff though! Yank food can be so bland.

Try their website:

www.marksandspencer.com

However, I looked on there and I didn't see a solitary M&S store in this hemisphere...

Leggeyuk:
At least our beer is produced at more than3%, and we can handle it, ******* lightweight yanks, my nan could drink you under the table hahahahahaha
Yeah you have to have something stout (no, not your Nan) to chase away the aweful aftertaste of the food. :wink: Hagis and blood sausage - need I say more? At least some decent cuisine can be had just a short swim across the channel. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom