Ocean Concepts on Oahu - suddenly gone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AdamHI

New
Reaction score
Hadn't been able to get a person on the phone for a while to check on an order i placed (and paid for). Tried calling all their stores yesterday - voicemail only. Drove over to the Rainbow Marina site at Pearl Harbor. Store is cleaned out. They are gone. Credit card company is going to refund me the money, but my wife's gear which was in for servicing is now missing :(. Filed police report today. I'm guessing i'm not going to be the only one out of their gear. Anybody have more info?
--adam

I have seen their van at kewalo basin quite frequently, so I just assumed they had started diving out of kewalo's. I would hate to think they just up and left. you might want to contact PADI main office and see if there is any information they might have on them moving.

I was told they went out of business.

Wasn't hopeful, but good thought about calling PADI.... they had no info.

The store was on US Govt property (Pearl Harbor) , so federal investigators involved.

** Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2 **

I worked for these guys years ago in the mid '90's when they had just expanded out of their garages after they retired from the Marine Corps. Jim and Carl were ah, interesting people.

Good luck sir on getting your gear back.

They had a shop here on Maui inside the local Sports Authority a few years back that was open for maybe three years. It seemed like they didn't do such good business at that location to justify keeping it open. For months it appeared to be less and less of an operation. One day I went in there and they were gone. That was a while back so not sure it would help you out with the present day situation. This would make it the second time they just up and disappeared as far as I know.

Good luck and I hope they are cool about what's up with their business.

They closed the waianae store about a month ago pearl just closed in the last few weeks and one of the owners is liquidating assets...thats really wrong if they still have your gear in from repair and didnt get it back to you before bugging out. If your in this situation pm me i may still have a working contact number but I wont post it publicly

I heard that they were closing about two weeks ago, but haven't been able to find any further information.

Thanks for all the info, both online and PM'd. My wife got a call last week, and the owner was quite anxious to return the gear - i'm sure he was "motivated" by what was on this SB or by a call or visit from CID or the police. The gear was never even serviced - so now i have to find a LDS that will service Sherwood regulators and BC. For the new gear i had ordered, my credit card company gave me my money back in 48 hours - and now i gave the business to Aarons in Kailua (got the Islander 2 BC - and waiting for the Atomic Z2 and SS1 to come in).
--adam

Back
Top Bottom