Oceanic AI Transmitter Compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charles2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have been using an Oceanic OCi for over a year now. I have been very pleased with it's performance. I have noticed that several other divers with Oceanic, or Hollis, or ?? computers have a transmitter that looks exactly like the one on my OCi. Can anybody tell me if there is any compatibility between transmitters and the OCi? It might be nice to be able to enter their serial number so that I can monitor their air if ever buddied with them.

Cheers
Charles

I forgot where I read this, but my understanding is that the Oceanic transmitters are compatible with Aeris and Hollis (at least the TX 1) as well.

Oceanic, Hollis, and Aeris pressure transmitters are all made by Pelagic Pressure Systems and appear identical. I know the Oceanic transmitters are compatible between models and have tried this myself. I don't know anyone with a Hollis or an Aeris hoseless AI computer. I would guess they are compatible by entering the serial number, try it and let us all know. I think the Sherwood Amphos transmitter should work too, also PPS.

Aqua Lung recently bought PPS from American Underwater Products, parent of Oceanic, Hollis, and previously Aeris. Aqua Lung severed ties with Suunto and is coming out with a new line of dive computers for 2016 from PPS, will be interesting.

I think the Sherwood Amphos transmitter should work too, also PPS.

Drats. Had I realized this when I picked up my Oceanic backup, I might have elected to splurge for the OCi model rather than the non-AI OCS.

Although now that I think about it, would a transmitter be able to be paired to two computers and transmit simultaneously?

.....Although now that I think about it, would a transmitter be able to be paired to two computers and transmit simultaneously?
A transmitter is just a transmitter and it has no knowledge on what device is receiving its data.
The answer is yes... but, both receivers should stay close to the transmitter as the range is quite limited.

Thanks for the info, guys.

A transmitter is just a transmitter and it has no knowledge on what device is receiving its data.
The answer is yes... but, both receivers should stay close to the transmitter as the range is quite limited.

Hmm interesting. I had thought that the "pairing" with the computer was more like a bluetooth connection, but I guess it is more fairly characterized as a broadcast transmission based on your statement. Thanks.

I have been a dealer for Aeris, Oceanic and Hollis for over 15 years. They are all compatible across the board within the three brands. Transmitters can talk to any of their computers as long as it is within 6 feet. There was a small window of time that their computers could monitor multiple transmitters but they are no longer allowed to use that tech due to patent issues.

There was a small window of time that their computers could monitor multiple transmitters but they are no longer allowed to use that tech due to patent issues.

Are you saying that my OCi will not monitor a Hollis or an Aeris transmitter?

Are you saying that my OCi will not monitor a Hollis or an Aeris transmitter?

No, I guess I may not have worded it correctly. All of the Hollis, Aeris and Oceanic Transmitters are the same. What I meant was a few years back there was a feature called buddy check, which allowed you to monitor another divers transmitter while still diving your own profile. They are no longer offering that feature and the only way to change the transmitter now days is to switch transmitters as if you are switching gasses but still using your own dive profile.

Back
Top Bottom