Oceanic BUD Locking Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t-mac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My RDB and I dive all Oceanic computers -- each with a primary and a BUD. Within rounding error, we do very similar dive profiles and we always run the same algorithm. Also very conscientious in changing over FO2 settings when needed, so everything should agree. Dive trip before last, on a liveaboard, my BUD locked down. No stupid ascents, nowhere near deco - and only my BUD did it; the three other computers were happy. Figured it was a fluke. About a month later, on my last trip, it did the same thing right out of the gate -- on an albeit more aggressive dive profile, but again all other computers were happy. Anyone else see this? I really like having the BUD and it's been reliable for a number of years. It's only two data points, but it's not looking like it will be there for me when I need it. Thinking I need to replace it unless anyone has any ideas.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom