Oceanic Excursion II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

youhen01

Registered
Reaction score
I just upgraded from the Excursion to the Excursion II BCD the other week. I have done a few dives with it and find it to be to be great. No surprises there.

I have noticed that the weight pouches are on the tank strap. I have not used them yet but they seem bloody annoying. The pouches where fine where they were on the original Excursion.

Secondly the tank strap does not have the rubber sleave with the velcro on the back like the original Exc had. My tank slipped during my dive and it was annoying.

Finally they have put some decent pockets on the BC! About time.

The whistle is also a good addition to the buckle.

And it is more comfortable.

What does anyone else think? Have you got one? Etc Etc ?????

I have the original...toying with the idea of an upgrade. You make sound like it's almost not worth it? My main benefit would be weight savings...

Final verdict, is 2 better than 1?

Haven't dove with one yet, but I'm a diehard fan of my original Excursion and don't see how this is an upgrade. That new QLR3 weight system is enough to get me to say no -- have had to chase way too many weight pockets in the pool and, more annoyingly, at open water sites with students using those damned things on Oceanic's other BCD's. If you have any intention of diving where you are going to need more than a couple of pounds in the weight pockets I would seriously suggest demo-ing it before you plunk down the cash.

I really like the Excursion II, they did a great job with it. Very confortable, you cant go wrong with with the Excursion II

the BC is amazing.

I have just finished a two month trip of the Philippines with it.

The old one sucks so badly compared to the new one.

The weight pouches are a huge improvement both the QLR and non-dumpable tank strap weights.

most importantly is the pockets!! they are great. stow a torch, SMB, reel and pocket camera well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom