Oceanic Probe HLC "Noises"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McFear

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

im currently doing my Divemasters on the West coast of australia and i have started to notice in the last few weeks that my probe hlc bcd makes "gurgling" noises when i have very little air in it.

if i am within 3lb of my proper weighting and dont need much air whenever i roll in the water or go inverted (happens a fair bit) i hear a gurgling sound from the bcd.

its rinsed at the end of the day and drained and then stored with a bit of air in the bladder but it keeps happening. Ive taken to carrying more weight under the guise of spares for customers on board so i can dive with more air in the bcd just to stop the noise.

any idea on what it is and how to stop it?

many thanks
Ross

If it's gurgling it has water mixing with air somewhere. Can you hear it on the surface? I would check before you dive and definitely after you surface if you heard it gurgling at depth.

In any event, it's probably a non-event. Concentrate on having fun rather than on weird noises. :D

Maybe just water shifting within the BC bladder when you change your attitude/trim in the water. I usually get water in my wing after a dive, but I almost exclusively use my dump valve and only use the deflator on the 1st part of the descent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom