Oceanic Veo 100 or Suunto Zoop or Oceanic 2.0 or Suunto D4i or D6i ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danpass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So what do you think? Go for the Veo at $150 or save up for a D4i or D6i?

My plan within the year is to complete AOW and stay within recreational limits. Wreck diving is an option considering the abundance of great ones here in south Florida. I'd also like to do the cool spots in Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

In terms of gear I currently own an Aeris EX Lite BCD (plus the little-ish items; mask, fins, etc) but no regulator nor wetsuit .

So, part 2 of the question, regulator first? (Aqualung Titan?)

I would get a reg set and wetsuit before a dive computer. As far as Veo or save up for something better (D4i/D6i), only you can really choose if you want to save up or not.

I purchased VEO 100 and replaced it after 1dive trip. Have since put it on my wrist as a back up. It's not nitrox compatible so you'll outgrow it very fast and there is not much of a resale market for them because of that.

I have had my Veo 100 for 8 years and like it. But as mentioned it is not nitrox compatible. It's a good beginners computer but I'll be in the market for a new one that is nitrox compatible as I just got EAN certified. Not sure how much the others are you are considering, but if you are thinking about doing a lot of diving especially on deeps wrecks then save up for something nitrox compatible. I like the idea of downloading your dives to your pc.

I have a Veo 2.0 and I am very happy with it. It does nitrox.

The Zoop is very good value for money.

Zoop!!!! hands down

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom