Oceanic Veo 200 vs Versa Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockyHeap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm wondering really what the difference is between these two Oceanic computers?

Veo 200 verses Versa Pro.

Is one just a 2003 model and the other is a 2004 unit?

Is it as simple as the 1 verses 2 button control, (what is the advanged and depth of screens to scroll through?)

The only other thing really apparent is one uses square bars and the other uses round bubbles to indicate Nitrogen absorbtion.

Any opinions on which to get for your first oxy/nitrox dive computer?

thanks

Rocky Heap

I got mine as a trade up. If you buy an old oceanic on Ebay you can then trade it in for a new VEO200 for 250.00 Pretty good deal I thought. I do have to say that the scroll part is a pain at times, but overall I really like it. One other thing I did not like, but I cna do nothing about, is that after a nitrox dive, the thing always reverts back to 50%! you have to remeber to reset it before every stinkin dive. I had not noticed that until after I bought it though.

RockyHeap:
I'm wondering really what the difference is between these two Oceanic computers?

Veo 200 verses Versa Pro.

Is one just a 2003 model and the other is a 2004 unit?

Is it as simple as the 1 verses 2 button control, (what is the advanged and depth of screens to scroll through?)

The only other thing really apparent is one uses square bars and the other uses round bubbles to indicate Nitrogen absorbtion.

Any opinions on which to get for your first oxy/nitrox dive computer?

thanks

Rocky Heap

I beleive that the screen is the biggest difference. CHeck out their website fpr a comparison :wink: I chose the Versa Pro 2.0, still wating to get it in at the LDS

Once you have used a nitrox setting you cannot set it back to air for 24 hours. But... you can set the FO2 down to 21% which I believe is the same thing.

I love my veo 200. I especially like the dual buttons, it seems to make navigating through the screens much easier. I highly recommend it.

Thanks all for your replies. The display on the Versa Pro seems a bit more easier to read, so thats what I'm going to buy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom