Oceanic VEO180

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RStyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is the VEO 180 discontinued?
Scubatoys site says discontinued or out odf stock
Thanks

Time to snap up some great deals.... Divers Direct here in S Florida is clearing out the Veo 180 NX Navcons for $269...WOW!

I bought two, one for my newly certified wife and one for myself to relace my ancient Prodigy console. Even though it is discontinued it is still a great computer for the recreational diver...and the price is serendipitous.

I'll bump this thread instead of starting a new one...

Are there any potential problems with buying a discontinued item? (I'd buy from an authorized dealer like Diver's Direct). Would there be issues getting parts replaced/serviced if need be? And would the warranty be affected at all?

I'll bump this thread instead of starting a new one...

Are there any potential problems with buying a discontinued item? (I'd buy from an authorized dealer like Diver's Direct). Would there be issues getting parts replaced/serviced if need be? And would the warranty be affected at all?
It's only been 12 days since your question. Would be nice if you received an answer, eh? :wink:

A discontinued item, if purchased new from an authorized dealer has the same warranty as any other "current" product. We continue to support discontinued products for many years - and in the rare event that we are unable to provide service, we have historically offered attractive upgrade options.

i was browsing in the divers direct store here in key largo this afternoon and the veo180 is on sale $199 with full warranty. i'm purchasing one tomorrow as a backup computer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

The veo 180 is a nice little computer. Bought one for the wife in oct 09 for 200 new.

I've bought my new 180NX at divers-supply last November 2009 at a special price of $ 197 because it has been discontinued.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom