Oceanic Vortex v12 vs ScubaPro Twin Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the twin speeds seem to be less expensive. Does that mean the twin jets are better? Ive always associated price with performance.

I thought the V12's were great until I tried the Bio-Fins. Now the V12's hardly ever make it out of the dive bag. The V12 is a good fin but the Bio is much more efficient and powerful.

which model bio-fin do you have?

I have a pair of Scuba pro twin jet fins and a pair of Sherwood Trek split fins.

Scuba Pro is great for manuverability, not that much on speed. Foot pocket is not to accommodating.

Sherwood Trek fast fin and great foot pocket. Use these on shore dives and drift dives.

Go to this site and you'll get a super comparison.

http://www.scubadiving.com/

Joe

I now dive with the new Scubapro twin jet max fins, and I also had dived with my (classic black) jets for years, and I'll say the new fins DO perform as well as the jets. Now, before I'm drawn under the ship's keel hear me out. Compared to the Jets, the twin jet max have a great edge in speed, not that it's important for rec diving, but as an instructor, it's easier to pursue and overtake an errant student. I can do helicopter turns, (oh yes) reverse kicks, modified flutter and frog kicks. I do feel the jets do edge the max over the frog, not much of a difference in the real world. As for diving in current like the Duane wreck here off Key Largo, both are tied. Seems like Scubapro really did a nice job with the new fins. The only qualm is that I can't seem to find spring straps for them as Scubapro doesn't make them, for that the jets have an great edge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom