Oceanic VTX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THarrison01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I like the look of the VTX and I saw one review that said it wasn't that good. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Hey T,

You're an enthusiastic 14 y/o with little knowledge, you've already asked about several computers and gotten thoughtful responses, take it easy, do a little research on your own. Do you even know what you're looking for?

Good diving, Craig

Would a little knowledge on your part be better, yes. The computer can be a useful tool, or a dangerous one
Sorry, I am looking for a good computer because it makes me feel more comfortable in the water and I want to make sure it is a nice one

I have the Aeris A300 CS, the precursor to the VTX prior to Aeris's merger into Oceanic. Overall, this is a very good dive computer in terms of visibility in low viz water. If the transmitter is on the same side as the arm where you wear your VTX, it doesn't lose sync (in my experience). The biggest complaint I have is battery life, which I deal with by cycling through rechargeable batteries. If you don't have rechargeables, you will have a big battery expense.

The UI itself is average, nothing in comparison to the Shearwaters, but those are a larger screen. I would recommend this dive computer though. Right now, I believe Oceanic is offering some discounts.

The VTX with transmitter costs at least $1000, exactly how does a 14 year old come up with that kind of money, parents? If yes, how lucky

The VTX with transmitter costs at least $1000, exactly how does a 14 year old come up with that kind of money, parents? If yes, how lucky
Maybe he mows a lot of lawns. That isn't my business. He asked if anyone had experience with the VTX. Given that the Aeris is basically the same computer, I shared with him my experience/opinion.

Back
Top Bottom