Oceanic's 40th Anniversary Sweepstakes!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

odd that it isnt a give away for all the countries that sell the products.
we have a few dive watches from oceanic but we still cant enter this give away. seems fishy to me.

Great news everybody! We are working on opening up the "40th Anniversary" Sweepstakes internationally! There were a few logistical challenges that we had to overcome but the changes are being made now and should be in effect some time tomorrow. We'll let you know when its ready!

www.oceanicworldwide.com/us/40th-anniversary-giveaway/

odd that it isnt a give away for all the countries that sell the products.
we have a few dive watches from oceanic but we still cant enter this give away. seems fishy to me.

I'm also rather disappointed, but more in the way the disqualification is not mentioned up front. I purchased the Atom 3.0 here in Canada with the transmitter, and so thought this brought me into the Oceanic "family". I saw the announcement, went to Facebook, "liked" the page, and visited the website. There was a form there asking for entry information, including a "postal code", which is what we call it in Canada (it's a "zip code" in the USA, isn't it?). I chose "Canada" from the (very long) pull-down list of countries. Nothing in any of this suggests that only residents from the US and Caribbean are eligible - this is revealed only in the contest rules.

The products are marketed and sold in Canada, so why would Canadian purchasers not be included?

If there is an exclusion, why would it not be expressed up front in the announcement, on the FB page, and on the website entry page?

Having made my entry, and subsequently found that I'm not qualified by reason of geography, what reaction and consumer impression does Oceanic believe will be the result of my experience? The answer is rather obvious.

-jpro

We were out all day testing new equipment and did not have a chance to get to a computer to update the rules on the contest page. The sweepstakes is now international and open to all countries. We will be removing the line referring to "US and Caribbean only" later tonight. Your entry from today is valid. Once again, sorry for the confusion. Thanks!

@sroeder:

Thank you for the update. Given the number of Oceanic equipment users worldwide, I harbour no illusions regarding my chances of winning one of the prizes, but inclusion is always a better experience than exclusion. I appreciate Oceanic's willingness to make the revision. (And I'm very much looking forward to getting my new Atom wet once I've finished the online training!)

Nice to have the reminder and easy link to enter daily.
Thanks!
Now... pick me! Pick me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom