Oceanside Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DTB1981

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has any one dived the Oceanside pier? I am from there but I haven't been home since I have been certified. As a kid I remember being told that parts the old pier is still down there and there are also a couple of cars too, If I remember right it is a VW bug at the end. I have seen a couple of divers over the 15 years I lived there. I was always told the old pier is under the new one but just to the north side and it was a bit longer.

DTB1981:
Has any one dived the Oceanside pier? I am from there but I haven't been home since I have been certified. As a kid I remember being told that parts the old pier is still down there and there are also a couple of cars too, If I remember right it is a VW bug at the end. I have seen a couple of divers over the 15 years I lived there. I was always told the old pier is under the new one but just to the north side and it was a bit longer.

Being a psuedo-photographer I have an interest in diving piers.. I keep hoping for a flat day so I cndive Scripps Pier down here in San Diego.

Terry

I would like to have some of your pictures of the local area to add to my web page I am building. Do you think you can e-mail some?

Derrick@Bourhenne.com

DTB1981:
I would like to have some of your pictures of the local area to add to my web page I am building. Do you think you can e-mail some?

Derrick@Bourhenne.com

Sure. Just let me know which ones you want.

Hi DT, this is Capt. Tom. I lived in Oceanside when I got out of the Corps, from 1968, off and on for 12 years. I remember the old pier, when it went down, the arcade on the corner of third and pacific. Used to shoot pool at the Normandy, just plainly cruise the streets. I used to work a the "House of Armand", bookstore, next to the A&W restaurant, on the corner of mission and hill, across the street from the Amvets store, and the Oddfellows Hall. God! I may even know you.My name is Tom Yerian, did you know me by chance? I have thought of diving on the old pier a hundred times. It is a time capsule of the best period of my life! Yes, I will be diving it within 1 to 2 years from now, legally, or illegally. I want some stuff from that area so bad, Ican taste it!!! Hey buddy , keep in touch, my email is, tyerian@charter.net en me an email and keep in touch. I have been living and diving in the Florida keys since 1981. The treasure hunting gig is slowly dying here, so, I will pick it up out there! write me...Capt. Tom

Diving the pier in Oceanside , Hmmm , well im in as soon as i get back to the states. Just wonder when the best time would be , there is plenty of fishing always going on

Hi Capt Tom, I lived in Oceanside from 1987 to 2000 when I joined the Air Force; a lot has changed over the years in Oceanside. There are no more numbered street names. I am not to sure if the book store is still there. Hill St. is now Pacific coast Highway. The park in downtown is now gone it is the Regal move theater and shopping center. A lot of the old housing around downtown is gone and condos are in there place. I will be done with my enlistment in August next year. I will be moving back to Oceanside now that I am a scuba diver I would like to see what is down there after all the stories I have heard about it when I was a kid. Do you think you need a permit to dive there? I know they don’t allow surfers to be with 50 yards of it. I also know there is a spot to go in the river off Palomar airport road. It is where ashes from trash was put in the water so there are all kinds of old bottles to go hunting for. I will keep in touch with you. And plan a dive on the pier.

Derrick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom