Oceanways / SeaDive Mask types - Rayblocker vs TruVu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheChase

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys - I am at a cross road and looking for some kind of answer. I am looking at buying a new mask but need some information.

I had the SeaDive Cateye 2 Rayblocker mask and it was great. Now I am looking to get a second one but cannot see to get any straight answers! I know Oceanways and SeaDive are the same company and same mask, but I dont know what the difference between Rayblocker and TruVu is. I am getting conflicting responses from all of the internet and even SeaDives own website.

It sounds like Rayblocker is the same thing as TruVu but with added UV protection. TruVu adds back the reds that are lost while Rayblocker does the same AND it protects to the 400 UV spectrum. Am I right?

My masks are TruVu Rayblockers. TruVu is the lens quality - optical clarity. RayBlocker is the coating for Sun.

Home | E.B. Industries, Inc.

There use to be a brochure that spelled it out. But I can not find it on their site.

You may be thinking about True Color. I do not have this on mine.

TruVu RayBlockers are great for those long surface swims in the bright California Sunshine.

---------- Post added March 5th, 2015 at 02:35 PM ----------

I do not think you can have True Color and RayBlocker on the same lens. It does not make sense.

---------- Post added March 5th, 2015 at 02:39 PM ----------

It looks like they have something called SoftLight which may be what you are talking about.

Thanks for looking into this for me. I tried to find some explanation of it a while a back but their catalog was out of date. Now it looks like the catalog is up to day, however it is still unclear.

It looks like RayBlocker is part of their top tier lens family, but it only offers UV/anti glare protection, however True Color (or TruVu as the older models were called) offers both UV/anti glare and truer color filter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom