October 2011, Who is visiting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In response to 1KWIK_69,
Reef Regency is the members (~condo/time share) section of the former Wyndham. This is the northern most property of the group. The website for the members which I think is outdated still says Reef Club which was a name for the hotel section for a bit.

The properties there are no longer associated with Wyndham and I believe the hotel is now referred to as Sabor. However there is an adults only section that is still called Sabor next to it so I think they have been combined at least in name. Confusing isn't it.

From the north is the Reef Regency (members), then the hotel section, then Sabor then Aura. At the far south is Residencias Reef which is a full blown condo ownership property.

We understand that there should be a maintenance closure for our property in August to maybe early Sep but it's hard to pin anyone down on dates. We were told if there were any conflicts then we would all be accommodated at Aura but we think we should be ok for Regency for late Oct per conversations with staff onsite.

Updated date on my trip Oct 8 - 14 with the same reservations booked.

Almost there...

10/7 - 10/15 plus 4 other divers - 3 experienced 2 beginners. Staying at El Presidente diving with Aldora

October's Lineup

MUFC: Sept 20-Oct 4 diving with BlueXTSea.

waterchick and husband(non-diver):
Oct 1-14 staying and diving with Aldora.

Mahidoodi
:
Oct 1-8th , plus 2 other divers and another one getting certified. Staying at Iberostar, diving with Dressel Divers

Growing Older Not Up + 4: Oct 7-15 staying at El Presidente and diving with Aldora.

KJHorton: Oct 7-15, staying at Iberostar and diving with Alison

TightLines + 2:
Oct 8 -14 staying at El Presidente and diving with Aldora.

Ron G.:
Oct 9-16 staying and diving with Blue Angel.

Turk9 and son Chris: Oct 10-15 - Suites Bahia, Aldora Divers.

HatchetJoe: Oct 10-21, Casa Mexicana, diving with Papa Hogs

Super0233: Oct 12-16 staying and diving at Blue Angel.

burrito: Oct 15-22 staying at Hotel Cozumel and diving with Dive Paradise.

leslief: Oct 15-25 Villa Blanca and Scuba Mau and Papa Hogs for Safari

ttriton and wife(non-diver):
Oct 19-23 staying at Cozumel Palace.

djdande and brother: Oct 16-22 staying at Suites Bahia diving with Aldora.

CJ76: Oct 19-26 in playa

Harry(Harro10) and Marianne(non-diver): Oct 20- 27 Casa Mexicana.

Bill(beechdiver) and Renate: Oct 22-29 Blue Angel

Blue steal + Non-diving wife:Oct 26-Nov 4. staying and diving with Blue Angel

Frank Storms + 3: Oct 28-Nov 6, Blue Angel

ColoDale and wife + 3:
Oct 28-Nov 6, Staying at Reef Regency and diving with Bottom Time Divers

Last edited:
In response to 1KWIK_69,
Reef Regency is the members (~condo/time share) section of the former Wyndham. This is the northern most property of the group. The website for the members which I think is outdated still says Reef Club which was a name for the hotel section for a bit.

The properties there are no longer associated with Wyndham and I believe the hotel is now referred to as Sabor. However there is an adults only section that is still called Sabor next to it so I think they have been combined at least in name. Confusing isn't it.

From the north is the Reef Regency (members), then the hotel section, then Sabor then Aura. At the far south is Residencias Reef which is a full blown condo ownership property.

We understand that there should be a maintenance closure for our property in August to maybe early Sep but it's hard to pin anyone down on dates. We were told if there were any conflicts then we would all be accommodated at Aura but we think we should be ok for Regency for late Oct per conversations with staff onsite.
Thanks. I'm actually pretty familiar with the resort formerly known as Wyndham. I've stayed there a lot. One time we were put up in the Regency members only section for some reason. We had the corner room on the lower level by the rectangular pool that's just above the bar. I've also stayed in the Sabor Section which use to be the adults only section back in the Wyndham days shortly after they stopped being the Reef Club. I wasn't too crazy about that section because there was no night life at the bars or pool, and the walk to the pier carrying a heavy dive bag sucked. :shocked2:

For a couple reasons, our Halloween trip is most likely not going to happen now, so I'm pretty bummed. :shakehead:

10/15 - 10/22 staying at Hotel Cozumel, with Dive Paradise. First time to coz, very excited for this trip!

Oct. 9-16 at Reef Regency
Diving with Bottom Time
Wife Nancy keeps the bar tender (Issy) busy while I dive.

Dale and Lori sorry we won't meet you guys again this year! I might not even go in Nov. as grandchild #2 is due the week I had planned for the Nov. trip. See you in Jan. or Feb?

Lou,

yeah missed the timing again. I sent an email to your yahoo.com address. Hope you still watch that one. If not, pm me via SB.

Dale

Will be in Cozumel October 1 thru 8th staying at the OCCIDENTAL GRAND COZUMEL with my lovly diving wife. Any suggestion for the best dive operator/s? You can PM me or reply to the thread with suggestions.

Last edited:
Harro,

Could you add me to the group, flying in 30 October - flying out 6 November, staying at Hotel Cozumel, diving with Scuba Mau or DWM, since the accident with Opal I am hesitant yet want to support them, heard great things about the SM OP, but still nervous.

Cheers,

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom