October weather question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I realize that weather forecasts for this region are not very reliable. Nevertheless, it looks like the forecast for the next couple of weeks is for a fair number of rain storms/showers. That got me to wondering if the pattern I have seen elsewhere in the region is often true in Cozumel; Clear and relatively calm mornings, with winds increasing later in the day and the greatest chance for rain in the afternoon.

If this is often true, I might plan more of my diving (and therefore boat rides) in the mornings and leave more afternoons open. So for those of you who live there or know the place well, should I expect any particular pattern of weather over the next few weeks?

I was in Cozumel two weeks ago and the weather was wonderful! You may see some clouds or even have a brief shower but it was usally very lite and very brief.

Ditto. Just back from a trip in mid-September and spent a week there about 7 years ago in October and on both trips, it rained every day but nothing that was of really any significance. Sometimes in the AM hours too while we were diving but it didn't matter because we were already wet. :D However, it can make long boat rides unpleasant and SI's interesting. Unlike an El Norte, it's nothing that would prohibit you from diving.

Just got back from a week,06-13. We had rain showers every day,one day it rained all day.It's kind of hit and miss with the WX.Doesn't really affect the diving much.Just go and have a good time, we did!

Okay, I'll just schedule the dives. As you all said, a little rain doesn't really matter, but if it was far more likely in the afternoon than morning, I would then just try and do more morning dives, mostly for the sake of the SI and boat rides.

I'm going to get wet anyway......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom