Odd photo from KNX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert, come on you’re a diver (not so sure about “agl” since he only signed up to respond to this posting)…you know better than that…

The fact is most of the general public (non-divers…fishermen) are ignorant of fishing regulations and laws and when they see a media company (KNX) posting a photo with a Giant Black Sea Bass and someone holding a fishing pole they assume it’s OK. It’s hard enough to protect these guys (and other species that are taken either out of season or that are also protected).

So, No! it’s Not OK for a media company to take a photo like this…it shows they’re ignorant and insensitive to the plight of the GBSB.

If we were at a car museum, they would have probably posed in front of an old car with no seatbelts or emission control. Get off your high horse. I am sure there are protected worms in some Amazon jungle someplace, but a radio personality taking a picture with a replica of one is not going to cause anyone to run out and hunt them. You have the knowledge that a diver or someone who may have contact with a GSB has. They don't...nor do they need to. If you posed with an outdated radio transmitter that was no longer in use due to unsafe and unshielded rf radiation, I doubt they would post that picture in radio forum and call you ignorant.

I'm sure the pictured personalities saw nothing more than "a big fish", and a gag photo op. The good news is no GSB were harmed or injured in this particular instance. The even mo' better news is I think, (just my 2 cents), is that we are all talking about it, and others are seeing/hearing us talk about it, and we have further educated and raised awareness of those to aren't "so aware". Trust me. I love those little fish !

Big2.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom