Offer Up find which Dss and Scuba Pro Reg, approximate age?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lnjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased a bag of gear from a local that buys storage units. In the Scuba Pro hard bottom case was this Dss with LCD 30 Wing. I am familiar with the Wing, but the plate is extra heavy, looks like added weights. Does anyone know the weight of the thicker plate? The webbing is also sized and too small for me, so any help in finding new webbing is appreciated. The regulator included is an MK 25 S600 DIN, but the Uwatec computer is missing. I have pics if anyone can help on approximate age of the reg and bcd. Both appear to be in very good condition, but I'll get serviced.
Thanks in advance, may be interested in sale or trade. I already have a Halcyon eclipse, but wing needs to be replaced.
20221103_205940.jpg
20221103_210015.jpg
20221103_205710.jpg
20221103_205520.jpg
20221103_205619.jpg
20221103_205653.jpg

Good stuff, the most valuable part is likely the weights for someone who wants them, assuming it’s a regular plate I think the total with the add on weights was around 13lb, plate alone is about 5.5 lb, this is all from memory and it’s been a while.

the MK 25 s600 look to be circa 2002 to 2013 ~

IIRC the add-on weights are 3 or 4 pounds each. They are removable so take one off and toss it on a kitchen scale.

As for webbing, one can easily get webbing from most any of the on line shops.

Good stuff, the most valuable part is likely the weights for someone who wants them, assuming it’s a regular plate I think the total with the add on weights was around 13lb, plate alone is about 5.5 lb, this is all from memory and it’s been a while.

the MK 25 s600 look to be circa 2002 to 2013 ~
2005 and concur

The regulator is a fantastic find. It came with a transmitter as well? The regulator DEFINITELY needs to be serviced before use. Sitting in a storage room for some unknown period of time, with unknown temperatures, the internal o-rings may be brittle and fail at any moment.

If you're selling the gear, I'd suggest selling the transmitter separately, those usually for a few hundred $. You can probably also get a few hundred for the regulators as well. I'd suggest selling the regulators as-is, and let the customer have them serviced, unless you know how to service regs yourself.

The regulator is a fantastic find. It came with a transmitter as well? The regulator DEFINITELY needs to be serviced before use. Sitting in a storage room for some unknown period of time, with unknown temperatures, the internal o-rings may be brittle and fail at any moment.

If you're selling the gear, I'd suggest selling the transmitter separately, those usually for a few hundred $. You can probably also get a few hundred for the regulators as well. I'd suggest selling the regulators as-is, and let the customer have them serviced, unless you know how to service regs yourself.
Where do you see a transmitter?

Where do you see a transmitter?
My bad, I thought the thing to the right of the 1st stage in the photo was a transmitter. Ignore that part of the comment. :facepalm:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom