Oh Canada! Happy Birthday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have a Neustadt microbrewery beer, Neustadt Springs Brewery
brewed just 45 minutes north of here in the lovely little town of Neustadt, Ontario, birthplace of John Diefenbaker, 13th Prime Minister of Canada Prime Minister John Diefenbaker - Biography John Diefenbaker Prime Minister of Canada

142 years that we've been a country, thanks for the thread, Bowlofpetunias. What part of Canada are you from?

My ancestors came up the Great Lakes in dugout Canoes... homesteaded on the border along the Rainey River near Fort Frances. I grew up around Thunderbay until we moved to BC when I was a teen. Still have a heap of relatives scattered around Ontario and BC in particular. Learned to swim in Lake Superior.... boy it was cold! TMI?

I tried your link for the Brewery but it wouldn't load. The other link loaded tho.. thanks.. I hate to admit I remember the Dief in power! wobbles and all lol

homesteaded on the border along the Rainey River near Fort Frances. I grew up around Thunderbay

Mosquito and blackfly heaven!! This cartoon is a classic.

YOUR DAILY CARTOON: Black Fly, christopher Hinton, 1991

The Blackfly Song became the basis of another popular NFB cartoon, directed by Chris Hinton; it was nominated for an Academy Award in 1995.
RAC - News Archives

"Twas blackfly, blackfly, everywhere,
A-crawlin' in your whiskers,
a-crawlin' in your hair,
A-swimmin' in the soup and
a-swimmin' in the tea.
The devil take the blackfly and
let me be."

Mosquito and blackfly heaven!! This cartoon is a classic.

YOUR DAILY CARTOON: Black Fly, christopher Hinton, 1991

The Blackfly Song became the basis of another popular NFB cartoon, directed by Chris Hinton; it was nominated for an Academy Award in 1995.
RAC - News Archives

"Twas blackfly, blackfly, everywhere,
A-crawlin' in your whiskers,
a-crawlin' in your hair,
A-swimmin' in the soup and
a-swimmin' in the tea.
The devil take the blackfly and
let me be."

Brilliant... :rofl3: We lived in a Hydro Colony at Dog Lake when they made the Hydro Plant at Silver Falls My Dad was in charge of providing meals for 600 workers there. Later we went out with crews who were surveying they bush in the region... boy does that song take me back... Aussies complain about flies.. they have NO IDEA:shakehead:

Well, that was a bang-on cartoon choice, then! I just got back from diving in Tobermory on the weekend and I can report that there were no blackflies out on the dive boat.

I live 1/2 hour north of Hwy 7, which is the great blackfly demarcation line in Ontario :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom