Oh man oh man....Islas de la Bahia!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
We got our own forum.:eyebrow:

Utila, Roatan, Helena, Morat, Barbaretta, Guanaja, Cayos Cochinos, Cisne (Swan)

Hot Damn, Tamale man!

Yep. I am tickled too RM. As a recent property owner in Utila, though, I am a bit sad that we are getting so popular/discovered. Tread carefully folks, I'd like the reef to be around a while longer....

BUT, looking forward to lots of interesting discussions about our home away from home.

Certainly good for business but I'm one step closer to losing my "secret-off-the-grid" Caribbean hideaway. Oh, well. Bound to happen someday. I just wish I would have discovered the Islands 20 years ago...

That's unfortunately always the way it is! Good things eventually get discovered. It will be up to the residents and frequent visitors like yourselves to fight to help keep it as pristine as possible! It's a hard battle, but helping the region to go the "durable development" way rather than the "all money is good money" route is probably all you can do! But selling that to a relatively "poor" country who is desperately trying to grow aint easy...

It's been done before with other caribean locations and can be done again. But even if "well" developped, it will probably never be the same...

Just my 0.02$

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom