Oil spill in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So was this a thing?

An oil spill off Oriental Mindoro in the Philippines is moving southwest and has reached Casian Island off Palawan.

Horrible situation for those whose livelihoods and health are directly affected. It's just an inconvenience for us divers, but nevertheless...monitoring how this will impact diving in Puerto Galera and Tubbataha. I'm booked for Puerto Galera in March and Tubbataha in April.

oil spill philippines
Just finished 2 weeks and 40+ fives in the Philippines around Tubbathaha. No indication of any pollution.

How was the trip?
The trip was awesome. The Live aboard, Atlantis Azores/Philippines, did everything as good as could be expected, and more. The personnel were the best I've ever experienced. By the second day they all knew my name. Boat staff including the Boat Captain, kitchen crew, diving staff and housekeeping exceeded our expectation. . The sites they took us too were great from the reefs to the muck diving. I know I gained a few pounds from the food and saw many thing in the water for the first time. Getting there was Ok and probably as good as can be expected. We had 11 divers on the trip and everyone had to have had a great time. I already want to go back. We were also land based at Atlantis in the Philippines and that too was simple great.

Back
Top Bottom