Best dives in Philippines in 10 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks.
Got another question. Philippine Airlines and Cebu air have a 7kg limit on carry-on baggage. I am already wondering if it still make sense to bring the scuba equipment that I bought for that trip. Do you haul your scuba equipment around or rent when travelling around Philippines?
I also saw that they don't allow knives even for checked-in baggage. I don't want to loose my scuba knife, which I always check in. Have you ever had a problem with this?

Also, I am going to have 2 hours and 15 minutes between Etihad Airways flight on which I am arriving to Manila and Cebu air flight to PPS. I wonder if this is sufficient time to pick up luggage, go through customs, get to Cebu terminal and check in. I read much too late that it is advisable to have 3 hours when manually transferring between flights at Manila airport.

Just saw that Cebu air doesn't allow sports equipment for carry-on. The sole purpose of my carry-on was to to make sure that my BCD, regulator/computer are not lost. They also don't allow wires and cables. Will they have a problem with my phone charger?

Thanks.
Got another question. Philippine Airlines and Cebu air have a 7kg limit on carry-on baggage. I am already wondering if it still make sense to bring the scuba equipment that I bought for that trip. Do you haul your scuba equipment around or rent when travelling around Philippines?
I also saw that they don't allow knives even for checked-in baggage. I don't want to loose my scuba knife, which I always check in. Have you ever had a problem with this?
7kg is the max allowed as hand carry. Make sure there is NO hard object eg. regulator in it. Keep the mask and computer in the hand carry.
I will be very surprised if they X-ray checked bag in domestic flight.
Why would you need a dive knife anyway?
Also, I am going to have 2 hours and 15 minutes between Etihad Airways flight on which I am arriving to Manila and Cebu air flight to PPS. I wonder if this is sufficient time to pick up luggage, go through customs, get to Cebu terminal and check in. I read much too late that it is advisable to have 3 hours when manually transferring between flights at Manila airport.
You are lucky.

Both of them at T3.
But how about if there is late arrival? A lot of document to check etc etc.
Any alternative? You might need it.

7kg is the max allowed as hand carry. Make sure there is NO hard object eg. regulator in it. Keep the mask and computer in the hand carry.
I will be very surprised if they X-ray checked bag in domestic flight.
Why would you need a dive knife anyway?

You are lucky.

Both of them at T3.
But how about if there is late arrival? A lot of document to check etc etc.
Any alternative? You might need it.
My computer is built into the gauge console. Are you saying that they will not let me just pay extra if my carry-on weights more than 7kg?

Thanks.

When I book with these airlines I pay for extra checked in luggage allowance when doing the initial booking. I always buy an extra 20kg.
I carry my camera batteries DC dive torch and some gear in a DJI Phantom3 drone case and it all weighs just under 7kg and is fine for hand carry. I have also always had my laptop along with that and never been an issue to bring both as hand carry. Phone chargers are fine. So are plastic ties even long ones as they generally don't show up.

My computer is built into the gauge console. Are you saying that they will not let me just pay extra if my carry-on weights more than 7kg?
7kg is absolute max.
You can remove the computer from the console, just need a bit of effort.
I have not seen 5J checking the weight of the hand carry at the gate for a very very long time!! They used to do that. In another word.......be careful and do not let the checked in staff notice it.
Air Asia insists on one piece of hand carry but it has nothing to do here.
Good luck.
When I book with these airlines I pay for extra checked in luggage allowance when doing the initial booking. I always buy an extra 20kg.
OP was asking hand carry! READ and UNDERSTAND the question!!!! LOL

S-PaSS is required.

OP was asking hand carry! READ and UNDERSTAND the question!!!! LOL

Try and understand that he may not know he can pay for extra checked in luggage so that anything he cannot hand carry can be put in checked baggage and you can get an extra 20kg for checked in quite cheaply. So if like me all his dive gear and travel gear is more than 20kg he has a cheap way to check in 40kg.

You just like to make an issue for every post I make. BTW I only ever have my DJI Hard case weighed to meet the 7kg hand carry I have always been allowed to carry my laptop in addition to that without any issues. Both of them together are more than 7kg.

Try and understand that he may not know he can pay for extra checked in luggage so that anything he cannot hand carry can be put in checked baggage and you can get an extra 20kg for checked in quite cheaply. So if like me all his dive gear and travel gear is more than 20kg he has a cheap way to check in 40kg.

You just like to make an issue for every post I make. BTW I only ever have my DJI Hard case weighed to meet the 7kg hand carry I have always been allowed to carry my laptop in addition to that without any issues. Both of them together are more than 7kg.
"He may not know......" !!!!! What a reply!! LOL.
OP had asked a few questions but you could not provide a single suggestion.
You have never experienced or seen people having to repack/remove some items from the hand carry because of excess weight or forbidden items? What you do not know you do not know. Plenty to learn.

I only have issue with pathetic post!

Back
Top Bottom