Ok...now which dive op to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Decide what kind of diving you want to do, and you'll find a shop that will cater to it. I always do fast boat, experienced diver only, trips with Dive Paradise. This was I am ensured a small group, computer (as opposed to "tables") diving and a group of experienced divers without all the newbie rigormorole (no offense intended, but I really don't like diving with beginners)...There are a ton of good dive ops...beware of people that tell you this one or that one is bad or the best, because usually they haven't been out with "bad" and haven't dove with everyone, so they really don't know who is best. Some operators (like Blue XT-Sea) have deserved excellent reputations...divers aren't shy about criticizing, so if you're hearing many good things about one shop or another from various sources, you can be pretty sure you won't go astray following that advice. Dive safe and have fun!

CN

cowboyneal:
This was I am ensured a small group, computer (as opposed to "tables") diving and a group of experienced divers without all the newbie rigormorole (no offense intended, but I really don't like diving with beginners)

CN

No offense taken. Neither myself nor my partner are newbies.

The list remains the same with a new addition,
in no particular order...

Dive with Martin www.divewithmartin.com We've dove with him several years and have been very happy, we changed this year only because of saving money on a
hotel/dive package with Caribe Blu.

Bottom time divers www.bottomtimedivers.net Raul Plates used to work for Blue Bubble and I have dove with him many times, he's an excellent DM, very safety minded and VERY good at finding those little hiding critters.

Blue XT Sea www.bluextseadivers.com Christi's operation is top notch, everyone I have every heard of has had nothing but praises for the entire op.

the new addition, is Blue Angel, www.lorenz.pl/angel/index.html We just returned from Coz and stayed at Caribe Blu and dove with Blue Angel. They were great, I think we dove with, or were on dives with every DM working that week and all did a great job in and out of the water. helpful, friendly, knowegeable, we really couldn't have asked for more.

Many excellent shops have already been mentioned, Blue XT Sea and Blue Angel are both excellent choices. I would add one more Deep Blue ask for Sandro as your DM. He will show you a really great time.

I dove with Deep Blue last September and got certified with them. I really liked them, and the DM's were nice and seemed knowledgeable. At the time, they claimed to have the fastest boats on the island. I'm not sure if true, but they sure were fast!

Hemlon:
No offense taken. Neither myself nor my partner are newbies.

I meant to any newbies reading....

try ALDORA divers we have been diving with them all week and they are fantastic. My grandson dove with us for the first time in the ocean and it was a fantastic
experience for him ALDORA caters to all divers of all experiences We finished the week with 10 dives

Hemlon:
I did a shore dive with Blue Angel last December while in port on a cruise. It was an ok operation but I didn't feel like we were instructed on how to exit without getting cut to shreds on the rocks. (Had the DM told us which direction to enter the dive, we would have avoided the exit that we made.)

And

Hemlon:
Neither myself nor my partner are newbies.
??? ???

Where are you staying? Do they have an on-site dive op? There are lots of good dive operators in Cozumel, and if all other things are equal, I prefer to use the on-site operator as it is a bit more convenient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom