OK? OK! OMGHI2U! WeR BFF!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For only $1k per person you too can spend your dive texting...

I can see it now.

There's a hungry looking shark be....

Oops, too late. I really should have taken typing in high school.

I saw these premier at DEMA last year, and they're great. In addition to the pre-programmed messages that you can send your buddy... There's also a locater tool and SOS function.

Hmmmm.... an SOS function.... :thinking:

How long does it take to send the SOS? That sounds like a great alternative to searching for your buddy when your out of air. :sos:

Ken

SOS doesn't necessarily mean that you have already run out of air.

SOS - Save our Ship? so the dive boat sunk! or Save or Souls , you missed mass on Sunday!

Hmmmm.... an SOS function.... :thinking:

How long does it take to send the SOS? That sounds like a great alternative to searching for your buddy when your out of air. :sos:

Ken

Your buddy can also activate the SOS function if they can't find you. Even if the diver is non-responsive... you can find them.

Activation only takes a few seconds, as I recall... I spent about a half hour at their booth last year at DEMA. There's a few threads here on the board.

SOS - Save our Ship? so the dive boat sunk! or Save or Souls , you missed mass on Sunday!

Which brings up another question... what's the range on these things?

Ken

SOS doesn't necessarily mean that you have already run out of air.

True... but if you knew you were low on air, you would be heading to the surface and it wouldn't be an emergency.

As for any other emergencies... you're not going to spend the time texting until you have control of the situation and/or your faculties...

My point being... this is a novelty item. A high priced novelty item to boot! It does nothing more than a good buddy team with the proper equipment can accomplish... it's not going to replace any of that.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom