OK so what would you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No BC? No problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just lash yourself to your buddy real tight and let him determine bouyancy for the both of you, then you can continue this dive that should not have been started in the first place. You must have had a life or death reason to perform the dive, because that's how it could have turned out.:boom: :confused: :boom:

So where are the photos... we all know its a basic problem.. screw it back on.. if it can't be fixed surface.. if unable to surface from kicking... ditch the weights.. big deal.

I'm definately in the don't go down with defective gear catagory...

So.. then where are the pics already? :rolleyes:

life is a bit hectic at the moment.

Well the answer was got my buddy to screw it back on and continued the dive!

Yes I know that was the wrong answer and I hear all your points - I wanted to make sure that others heard them too which is why I posted this. Fortunately this one had a happy ending but that might not have been the case.

I never felt in trouble probably helped that this was a shallow dive on a well known site - OK TJO was a new buddy but he is also a DM with more dive experience than me. I guess we could say false sense of security.

Add to that after the second dive my dry suit neck seal tore and my Citizen Promaster stopped working - an interesting but fun day out.

Cheers
Jonathan

first you should of done a complete visable inspection first when you suspected the promblem and might have found same . second when you noticed it wouldnt hold air you shouldnt of dove defective equipment !!!!
and since you two was all ready in water both you and your buddy should abort the dive and your buddy assist you to the surface if needed !!!
and most time a seperated hose from BC can be fixed if you have a BC valve tool .

This must be repeating the very obvious.

I check all my kit before each dive and don't dive if ANYTHING is defective.
Fix all kit problems before going in the water.
If something breaks in the water and you can't fix it there abort the dive and fix before divinf again.

I thought I had!

BTW no tools required for my BC just screw it on or off - which is what I did after my last dive in this rig in December. I can't have screwed it on tight enough....

I know I did wrong and did stuff I tell others not to do. I guess beacuse I was recreational diving my brain kind of turned off whilst chatting and enjoying the lovely day.

The only thing that we did right was not panic under water which could have changed things dramatically.

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom