OKC diving - July 18-Aug 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rgiles

Registered
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greeting from Los Angeles. I'm going to be in OKC from July 17- Aug 5. Not sure what will happen if I'm dry that long so I would REALLY like to try some OKC area (+/- 2 hours) diving.

Talked to Allen at Bluewater - really nice guy. Sounds like a nearby lake may be a good place to start but would like to do a bit more challenging dives.

About me:
I'm a........ mature gent. Ya that's it. Mature..
PADI DM, Master Diver blah blah blah, 336 dives almost all in CA cool waters with a DUI drysuit but probably rent gear, except reg, from Bluewater. Anyone want to loan me a steel tank?

What else - oh ya, I'd be happy to return the favor if you came to Los Angeles. The water at Catalina was a balmy 62 at the surface last weekend. Dropped to 54 at 85 feet though.

Oh, how do I put this delicately.. Would prefer someone that can show me some nice dive spots, not someone who got out of OW looking to get wet. SORRY - if you are bringing your OW friend along - GREAT but I just don't want to be the DM guy... I do that on weekends. Hope that wasn't to harsh/mean/etc..... Thanks

So anyone interested in showing a salt water boy around... I'm willing to drive.

Allen is a great guy. His shop dives the local lakes nearly every weekend. Tenkiller is the most interesting but vis has been down lately. I was just at Elmer Thomas and it was a nice dive. Lots of fish and vis was up to 15 feet. (Which is good by local standards. :)) The local waters are mostly warm in the summer but there is likely a pronounced thermocline down deep. At elmer thomas it was at 34 feet. The Tulsa Aquanauts are hosting a group dive at Athens Scuba park in Texas July 23rd I think. You are welcome to tag along there as well.

Jeramy

Jeramy,

Thanks a TON. Athens Scuba Park looks incredible with all the sunken structures to explore. Quite a drive though, in my case, for a day of diving. Tenkiller and Elmer Thomas look really interesting too. Like the sound of lot of fish. The more I read it sounds like those thermoclines can be brutal. Thanks again for the tips.

Rich

RGiles on July 23 and 24 of this year about 20 members of the Tulsa Aquanauts will be meeting at Athens Scuba Park (Athens Scuba Park - Texas Scuba Diving Facility). Though we will have some fairly new divers there we will also have seasoned divers too. Some of us plan to arrive Friday Afternoon and stay through sunday while others plan to arrive on Saturday around 9 am.

Come down and dive with us we would be glad to show you around the place!

Kirby

Thanks a ton. Looks like an Awesome spot. Ya, I was afraid this thread would make me sound like a....... jerk......!!
Sorry didn't mean to offend ANYONE...

Do you happen to know if any of your members are looking for someone to share gas (gasoline) not cylinder gas... Hate to make a 5 hour drive by myself. Maybe hotel recommendations too. I know, I know... didn't think you would be in the tour business.

Thanks
Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom