Oktoberfest megadive 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

47 is only coool if it's the water temp and then it is only "cool" not "cold". Day time temps in the 80s and sunny - stop yer whining, you can't ask for better weather.

Says the person who has somebody to snuggle with! :rofl3:

The Water is still 70-72 right? I went diving at Blue Grotto Jan 9th when we had snow/sleet in Tampa area. I can handle this easy. Camping when temps at night are in the 40's is great. I sleep so good.

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about the High Springs Country Inn???

I was just called by Kathy with our confirmation for the weekend! She also said the river is awesome! I see a drift dive or two in the worx! I also have an inflatable pool we can "College Up" for the kids to drift the river. What's that? Ok, an adult can go with them. Sheesh, ya try ta send them downriver without a paddle and look wh,... YA KNOW! I'm trying to teach them survival instincts! GAH!
ANYWHO-zzles<... Maneater is off work Friday, and Vix n Hammerhead are out of school. As I am still waiting for a call for a job interview, surprisingly (NOT) I am also off work this weekend! We should all be there Friday morning to start setting up camp, hang banners, shove tents into the river,... I MEAN,... help those already setup relocate...
I have my megatent, and four small tents, as well as a screen tent. The screen tent will go over the food table at night so there's no running around grabbing tarps and beating off the raccoons (and college kids from next door) at 3 am. I will ask Ginnie to bring a grill to the pavillion for Saturday if it isn't there. One suggestion for campfire seats,... Put your name on the back of it with tape. The bigger the circle gets, the more chairs get misidentified. We had a roaring 63 people last year at the firecircle at one point. Three chairs deep in one area! The rumtote may need restocking if this keeps up! :wink:

I was hoping to have enough money this year to buy the Bodhran drum I was looking at to bring to the firecircle, but $85 bucks was either for megadive or the drum. Uh, jeez, I PICKED MEGADIVE!!! I'll have to see about MAKING a drum I guess. Ken eyes the giant water bottle,... that makes an interesting sound...

I was just called by Kathy with our confirmation for the weekend! She also said the river is awesome! I see a drift dive or two in the worx! .
So bring your dive flags. They are a stickler for that if your out on the river.
One suggestion for campfire seats,... Put your name on the back of it with tape. The bigger the circle gets, the more chairs get misidentified. We had a roaring 63 people last year at the firecircle at one point. Three chairs deep in one area! The rumtote may need restocking if this keeps up! :wink:
Great idea!

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about the High Springs Country Inn???

oooh, going all faaancy... i've heard it's the best of the bunch, but that ain't sayin' much when the competition is the alamo & the cadillac.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom