OM-1 Flash Issue inside AOI UH-OM1 and AOI Q1 RC strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roflamingo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, hope someone can help me here
I have the following gear: OM-1, AOI Housing with HSC-02 hot shoe connector for RC, and 2 fibre cables going to 2 x AOI UCS-Q1RC strobes.

The AOI Q1 RC Strobe manual instructs to set the OM-1 as follows: "Mode (RC Mode) In Mode, you have to configure your Olympus camera to RC - TTL AUTO, MANUAL, FP TTL AUTO, FP MANUAL setting (only in Group A, Channel 1). When you set the Mode Knob to Mode, the Left Indicator will show in Blue Color."

When I configure the OM-1 in RC flash mode to TTL AUTO, the strobe fires after the shutter is closed. The pictures are all black.

If I configure the OM-1 RC strobe to AUTO mode instead, it seems to fire at the proper time.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there some other setting to configure?

Thanks everyone

What lens are you using? Some lenses (like the Leica 45 ) don't work.
So I just checked what is working for me. The OM-1 with the Oly 30 lens. Menu 6RC Mode on.
Channel 1 TTL (first choice, I think it is TTL Auto). Working as expected.

Can you confirm that in manual mode with the RC mode off, things work as expected, ie. the strobe in manual and the camera in manual things work?
Bill

What lens are you using? Some lenses (like the Leica 45 ) don't work.
I think you found it instantly. Amazing!!!

I had the Pana 8mm FE attached and TTL Auto did not work at all.

Attached the Olympus 8mm FE and now TTL Auto gives better lighting than Auto.

Emergency order placed for the AOI 24mm ring extension with UPS Worldwide Expedited shipping. Hope Backscatter can pull through.

Makes sense that OM doesn't test all features with everyone's lenses. I was hoping to build the lightest rig possible using Pana 8mm FE, Oly 9-18 and Oly 60 Macro...

Back
Top Bottom