OMD EM1 Mark II Available for Pre-Order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smoore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Received an email from Olympus today. The camera is supposed to ship early December and costs $1999.99 ($2499.99 Canadian). The housing is supposed to ship mid-November and the cost is $1299.99 ($1599.99 Canadian).

I have a trip scheduled for mid-December and am considering getting both but I am afraid that they won't actually reach me before the trip. I have been using an EPL2 and OMD EM5 Mark II, both in Olympus housings. I tend to keep the Zen 100 WA port both housings. If I order the EM1 Mark II and housing I guess I will need to order the adaptor from Zen for the port as well.

I really like some of the new features for land shooting and am wondering whether the improvements in focussing, the sensor and the new software will be enough of a step up from my EM5 Mark II to justify trying to get this rig before my trip.

Need to visit my local dealer and find out what discount he can get for me on both before I make a decision.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom