OMG! 403 lb Warsaw Speared in Gulf of Mexico!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow :11: :11: :11:

Actually, I used to live in Tallahassee in the Apalacheecola national forest, and we did occasionally see bears there.

A lot more frequently than we saw 403lb warsaw groupers speared in the gulf!! Holy S** :)

Chad Carney:
Ana,

No I'd love to check a wild bear out!
But there's not much chance of a Florida boy ever seeing any real bears.

You know what my point was.

Chad

ScottZeagle:
I personally would rather hear the tale of a trip to 425' to shoot a 400+ lb fish than one of a guy blowing up a scuba tank - but that's just me... :wink:
Ok Scott - now tell me you didn't watch the tank video at least twice...

Tom Winters:
Ok Scott - now tell me you didn't watch the tank video at least twice...

I didn't watch it, Tom.

Not even once...

I have, however, looked at about 90 pictures from the Warsaw grouper trip, and it was truly the trip of a lifetime for those guys. Of course, the headliner was that big warsaw, but there were plenty of other fish taken (by the other guys) that would give me the thrill of a lifetime!!!

Due to the demands of that 425' dive, Dan and Ricky could only actively spearfish about 29 minutes on a 4 day trip, but the other 4 guys on the boat did an awesome job of filling the coolers!!!

Scott

ScottZeagle:
Of course, the headliner was that big warsaw, but there were plenty of other fish taken (by the other guys) that would give me the thrill of a lifetime!!!

Yeah, you know about the 4th time I visited that thread I noticed the other fish, and started to feel sorry for all of the guys that had very respectable fish, but faded into the lime-light.

Let's hear if for the 'also rans'!

Way to go, guys!

You guys rock!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom