OMS 32# or DR Venture on Apeks WTX harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bacaruda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Due to a healthy weight-loss of 20 lbs (still 26 before my target is reached), my Mares Dragon BCD is getting roomy. So I see it as a nice gift to my self to switch to a harness/wing setup.
Apeks WTX + weight pockets will be my choise for harness (Apeks is well represented in Sweden), but I don't care for their wings.
I dive single steel 10 litre/300 bar + 3 litre/232 bar pony. 7+5 mm Semidry.
Got my eyes on OMS single bladder 32 lbs wing (looks sturdy+ haves slots for cam bands), or the Dive Rite venture.

The Venture + WTX will work fine, but how is it with OMS 32#+WTX?

Have anybody out there tried the setup with OMS wing+ WTX?
Will the slots on the OMS line up with tha cam band on the WTX harness?
The c-c between the slots on the OMS is 210 mm (8"), What is the c-c meassure between the cam bands on the WTX harness?

A consern is the limited capacity of a 32# wing for cold water diving. Is the Venture a better choise for me?
Thanks all.

If you're diving single tank in cold water and exposure suit, the 30-lbs wing is enough. I have the older 30-lbs Venture wing and it works just fine with my Faber 120cuft high pressure steel tank. I also have the newer 45-lbs lift Venture wing that I tend to use if I go out with a newbie for just in case I have to float him or her AND me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom