OMS Comfort Harness Assembley question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if it looks just like that, I'd move the hose to the opposite side and rotate the 90 degree elbow so that the opening pointed to the top of the wing.

the K

The Kraken:
Well, if it looks just like that, I'd move the hose to the opposite side and rotate the 90 degree elbow so that the opening pointed to the top of the wing.

the K

exactly thats what everybody does. :D

Just turn the elbow where the end...that connects to the hose...faces upward 90 degrees. Then it will route right along the Comfort harness strap. It seems like it would be the other way around but if it's facing down then the inflator hose will get trapped behind the shoulder strap. If you are still having problems then you may want to look at the length of your inflator hose. It may need to be shortened. As far as turning the wing around backwards...I can't think of a reason you would need to do it.

The bungied OMS wings are designed to have the elbow/hose on the sidde of the diver and should router/fall into place very nicely (all my wings do at least).....for clarifcation, perhaps try taking a few pictures of the troubled setup and PM me, will help you all I can.

thanks for everyones help. will upload image soon as I get back on the 2nd.

Spoke to OMS Last night, great help.

Basically you are correct.

The correct/suggested configuration for a single 45 with retraction bands is that the hose elbow should route up.

So essentially when you look at the picture on the site you need to turn it 180'. When I did this I thought it looked as though the hose was a little high but as jack from OMS pointed out that when the tank is connected the plate will sit lower down on the back and therefore the hose will sit closer to the shoulder strap.

Thanks for everyones help.

Glad you got it worked out...It's a great set up...Mine is the same 45 bungeed. I have loved it. No problem with the bungeed wing of death:)

Would turning the wing the other way round, as suggested by the OMS rep, make the bottom dump inaccessible while diving? Or is this a non-issue due to the bungees preventing the wing from tacoing?

I don't have an OMS wing, I am just curious about this particular wing layout. (I'm not trolling, either :)).

Cheers,

Andrew

Just be clear. The wing should not be turned round. The warning message of the wing should face the divers back. The only thing you need to do is to turn the hose inflater elbow by 180' so that it faces up.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom