OMS Internal Bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy:
And just to be fair, please post in English, Spanish, Tagalog, and Cebuano.
and Klingon

do it easy:
Hey Cebudiver, how did you end up with a hole in your bladder? Give us all the details- how big, what caused it, how old is the wing. I thought those bladders are indestructable?

And just to be fair, please post in English, Spanish, Tagalog, and Cebuano.

I was thinking the same thing, how that tear happened?, I've used mine very hard, and looks allmost new, and of course I try not to rub it against anything, but sometimes the lobsters are deep in the hole so I've to sqweeze myself between the rocks to get them.

Tamas:
jIH ghobe't kghobe'w ghaH jat Klingon!
Daq Sov tlhIngan 'oH QaQ

Mandy3206:
I was thinking the same thing, how that tear happened?, I've used mine very hard, and looks allmost new, and of course I try not to rub it against anything, but sometimes the lobsters are deep in the hole so I've to sqweeze myself between the rocks to get them.

I really dont know how the tears got in there. The jacket is perfect no sctatches, tears, or puncture holes. I was able to repair it with aquaseal and a patch. At the moment I am diving with it and it is working fine. I was able to order a replacement bladder, landed in the Philippines for $70.00. The dealer aquaventure white tip ordered it for me.

As for how the tear got in there I have no idea. I discovered it before a dive, my BC would just not inflate to find out there were tears on the topside, where the BC rubs with the plate. Again there were no tears on the jacket.

S _ _ T happens I guess.

thanks!!! will learn this

my parents and grandparents spoke spanish to me... now my only real practice is w/ my older relatives and a couple of my students and friends

i'm trying to teach my little girl but since her mom is not fluent (just understands) then it's a little harder

not to toot my own horn but my native language is "tagalog"... english my 2nd language... spanish 3rd... i wanted to learn latin but no one was around to teach me hehehehehe

Jag

A friend of mine had the same issue, but his was caused by the wing being pinched when setting the rig back into his space on the boat...at least this was our guess. Ended up moving to the Golem Gear wing. The bladder material is tremendously stronger and less suceptible to "pinching".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom