OMS IQ Zeagle Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...I shouldn't get into this but here I go...

You don't list your location so I don't even know if this is an option for you or not...

You should, as has already been suggested by Sig, try the different BCs out... and while you are at it try out a bp/harness and Halcyon wing... the non-bungeed Halcyon Pioneer wing (single tank wing) wraps up slightly on each side of the tank and presents minimal frontal area to create less drag while swimming.

If you try all three: Ranger, IQ, bp/Halcyon Pioneer wing you will see the difference for yourself.

It is important with each rig to have them properly adjusted and this needs to be done by someone familiar with the rig.

I will say that I disliked the air trapping of the Ranger as well as the unstable feeling I had on my back during surface swims. UW the Ranger was floppy and lacked the stability I now take for granted with the bp/wing.

I have no personal experience with the IQ or bungee wings other than a friend had them and after one dive with us he sold them on ebay and bought a Halcyon rig just like ours.

keep diving your seaquest. Talk to others on the dive boat and ask what they like. Try and rent various bc's.

There is no benefit in switching from your seaquest to a zeagle ranger, so don't make that 'mistake'.

You have a bc that you can use... don't rush. After you've seen others using various rigs, you'll have a better idea of what seems to be a good setup.

Ok Uncle Pug now you threw a wrench in.... Whats the difference with Halcyon wings as opposed to OMS?

taat2d once bubbled...
Whats the difference with Halcyon/OMS?
The Halcyon Pioneer wing is designed specifically for single tanks. It is long and narrow and donut shaped so air can move from side to side in any position... especially horisontal where other wings might have trouble. In that the Halcyon wing is narrow it doesn't wrap up around the tank like a hot-dog bun.. just enough to give stability. The Halcyon wing is not bungeed and has a shorter corrugated inflator hose that will not dangle down. The Halcyon wing can be used without a Single Tank Adapter (STA) or with one... your choice... I don't use one... Shane does.

And...

The Halcyon wing cost more... but when spread out over its useful life that is nothing and when one considers the resale value of used Halcyon wings (check ebay) it is money in the bank.

One other thing about the Halcyon wing... you can order one from EE for a 30-day trial and if you don't like it you can send it back for a full refund minus the shipping!

So... if you really want to see the difference... order a Halcyon Pioneer wing and take it along comparison shopping. :D

Where can I order the Halcyon wing from?EE? Whats that? Also do is the Halycon wing only compatible with a Halycon backplate or can it be used with the OMS IQ?

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

... would you like some free samples Rooster???
do not delay.
My motto is "Free is for me, If I pay no way":D
Send me all you got:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom