OMS Phantom Mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Good afternoon...
I did a "search" and wasn't able to get the answers I was searching for and thus I thought I'd solicit some feedback...

My question is regarding the OMS Phantom Mini 10 watt HID. Just about everyone I dive with has a Halcyon HID. I was going to succumb to "peer pressure" and pick one up (Halcyon) until I got a really good deal on a new OMS Phantom Mini HID. I've heard plenty of the pro's for Halcyon and have some of their other gear. I'm just not as familiar with the OMS line other than tanks and wings.

For those that dive with this light, I would welcome any comments good or bad regarding this light. A few questions I have are 1) Regarding the canister, can it be mounted on the harness or must it be attached to the BP? If attached to the harness, it appears (from the OMS website it looks to be about 4' long (sarcasm there) but it does appear to be rather large) can it be cut down? 2) How accurate are the burn time figures when compared to what the official website states? and last how durable is the lighthead?

Thank you for your time on this request.

Have you gotten your new light yet?? or have you seen them yet. I understand they are just hitting the shelves as we speak. Can anyone tell me anything about how they like them??

diverdeb001 once bubbled...
Have you gotten your new light yet?? or have you seen them yet. I understand they are just hitting the shelves as we speak. Can anyone tell me anything about how they like them??

Im in ottawa and i should receive the new light friday ill let you know how it is

diverdeb001 once bubbled...
Great, I'm anxious to hear about it. I heard they were slow releasing them because the manuals weren't ready???

im still waiting for it they were not releasing it cause they had some problems with the battery charger

I have my light and I've used it twice. I am very happy with it as it is very bright and so light I don't even know i have it. Two of my dive buddys also have one and so far everyone is pleased. db

Update: The light bulb seems to be very fragile. Mine is broken already after three dives. A friend of mine has had two bulbs blow to the toon of $100 each!!! nice light but could get costly!!! db

Yeah i heard i few people thats been blowing bulbs every dive... i havent blown one yet in 20 everything is working good so far

i think you guys should write to OMS cause it has to be a problem with the light

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom