OMS Travel Wing / OXYCHEQ Sig 30 #

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Oxycheq Sig 45#, which I think is almost identical in design as the 30# (except more lift, obviously). It's a very rugged wing, the inflator hose seems to be a good length (surprisingly short compared to a BC), and it packs down into a pretty small package. The only thing I'm not liking right now is that the water drains don't seem to drain with any sense of urgency, which makes it a little heavier for the boat people to lift. But if you inflate it all the way prior to doffing it squeezes most of the water out. Good wings, IMO.

deepseafalcon:
well, DSS is in California. But maybe Randy is the Ohio rep. :D
d-s-f
I work for an ATM company of all things.

Just tossing out ideas. I've had dealings with DeepSeaSupply and can tell you they are first rate people. I bought a couple of cam bands from them, and a couple other small things, all total probably 50-70 dollars. They called me about two weeks later just checking to see if everything was OK and checking if I was happy. How many other business do that? Not many!

That's the only reason I mention them.

Are you OK with that? Do you have any other issues with my comment??

Randy

I am curious about the two wing designs. Is there much difference in the performance of a donut over a horseshoe?

Murph

DMBIrish:
as an avid cave diver, I have the oxycheq wing for single tank stuff... after having a couple other wings, its the best wing I've had. The oxycheq has the smallest profile and keeps very even bouyancy. PLEASE don't buy a wing from Leisure Pro... support a local shop... even if it is "local" on the web

LP also has a storefront. Why are so many people bashing them? I so far had good experiences. Although I wouldn't buy expensive items they are not authorized retailers for....
d-s-f

Randy43068:
I work for an ATM company of all things.

Just tossing out ideas. I've had dealings with DeepSeaSupply and can tell you they are first rate people. I bought a couple of cam bands from them, and a couple other small things, all total probably 50-70 dollars. They called me about two weeks later just checking to see if everything was OK and checking if I was happy. How many other business do that? Not many!

That's the only reason I mention them.

Are you OK with that? Do you have any other issues with my comment??

Randy

Randy,

I didn't mean it like that. Typing never conveys words as well as speaking in person. I want to re-illiterate that I appreciate your comment. After reading your last reply, I feel bad for saying anything.

If you want to PM me, we can get into why I have decided on these two brands for my wings. I have nothing against DeepSeaSupply and am interested in getting their harness for my setup.

MRF:
I am curious about the two wing designs. Is there much difference in the performance of a donut over a horseshoe?

Murph

MRF,

If you do a search on this board for "donut", you will find tons on both designs. From what I've have gathered, single tank users tend to lean toward the donut design, because of a lesser chance of trapping air when you are not in a balance position.

However, you will find that there are many who disagree with this notion and swear by the horse shoe design for singles and doubles. The final decision will still be left for you to decide.

I've used both. I used the DR travel wing with my TransPak and the Oxycheq when I swtched to the Transplate. I prefer the Oxycheq for 3 reasons: 1) The donut shape dumps all the air fast. 2) The Oxycheq has holes and grommets to attach to a BP with wing nuts, the DR is secured only by the tank straps and flops around when not on a tank. Of couse, when attached to a tank, both are 100% secure. 3) The Oxycheq has a simple elbow air filler hose, the DR has the bigger and more complex pull-dump hose, something I never use.
Just my $.02
DM Doogie

Cynthia Prettyman:
I've used both. I used the DR travel wing with my TransPak and the Oxycheq when I swtched to the Transplate. I prefer the Oxycheq for 3 reasons: 1) The donut shape dumps all the air fast. 2) The Oxycheq has holes and grommets to attach to a BP with wing nuts, the DR is secured only by the tank straps and flops around when not on a tank. Of couse, when attached to a tank, both are 100% secure. 3) The Oxycheq has a simple elbow air filler hose, the DR has the bigger and more complex pull-dump hose, something I never use.
Just my $.02
DM Doogie

Sorry, Your question was about an OMS wing, I was reviewing Dive Rite. Nevermind
DM Doogie

I can vouch for OMS in materials over Dive Rite, both are very good but OMS are stronger in the travel wing area, I got OMS 45# wing and a travel wing from Dive Rite.
I added a couple of groomets to the DR travel wing for using it with my BP, the oxy wing, I've not seen it first hand, but I've heard many great things about them so it's up to you to decide.

I was under the impresion that the OMS was a horseshoe design, the site may not be updated if they changed it to a donut design.

Good luck in your research.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom