Sold! OMS Trieste Dual Bladder Wing

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
  • Pictures show actual item and condition
  • Believe this to be the 94# Trieste Model
  • New Bungees spring of 2023
  • Last used Spring 2023
  • Serviced before being put into storage summer of 2023
  • Both bladders and inflators tested to work and hold air prior to listing

$150 shipped to USA

• Last used Spring 2023

$150 shipped to USA
I may be a bit ‘difficult’ but I am looking for some pictures. BCD? ( I am constantly learning new ‘vintage SCUBA’ things.

Scott G. Bonser

I may be a bit ‘difficult’ but I am looking for some pictures. BCD? ( I am constantly learning new ‘vintage SCUBA’ things.

Scott G. Bonser

A BCD (or BC if you're an old fart like me) is a standalone device that attaches to a tank and provides buoyancy compensation.

A wing is a device that is used in conjunction with a backplate to provide the same basic function, except that a backplate needs an adapter to attach a single tank because it's designed to be used with double tanks (aka a twinset).

What's being advertised is a big honkin' wing, not a BC/BCD.

I'll make some popcorn for the bungee discussion that will inevitably ensue. (Yes, I have an opinion.) The "bungees" are actually silicon tubing used to retract the wing as it deflates. They stretch to allow it to inflate.

Both BC(D)s and wings are current, not "vintage," technology. Vintage would be a mouth-inflated horse collar type BC.

A BCD (or BC if you're an old fart like me) is a standalone device that attaches to a tank and provides buoyancy compensation.

A wing is a device that is used in conjunction with a backplate to provide the same basic function, except that a backplate needs an adapter to attach a single tank because it's designed to be used with double tanks (aka a twinset).

What's being advertised is a big honkin' wing, not a BC/BCD.

I'll make some popcorn for the bungee discussion that will inevitably ensue. (Yes, I have an opinion.) The "bungees" are actually silicon tubing used to retract the wing as it deflates. They stretch to allow it to inflate.

Both BC(D)s and wings are current, not "vintage," technology. Vintage would be a mouth-inflated horse collar type BC.
Ah hah, TriMix…now I know. Not something I would buy at this time w/o tank setup.
my appreciation for the response.
Scott G. Bonser

Sorry about the pics. For some reason they did not post first time

Attachments

• 20231112_093141.jpg
    20231112_093141.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20231112_093158.jpg
    20231112_093158.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 40
Sorry about the pics. For some reason they did not post first time
Hey thanks rfwoodvt. That gives me an idea of what I am looking at. I have seen these before and some other SB input said they were for a double tank setup. …interesting..🤔
I know of a few of my on-line friends who ‘do’ vintage doubles and triples. I will pass it along to them if copacetic with you.
Scott G. Bonser

• Last used Spring 2023

$150 shipped to
Hey thanks rfwoodvt. That gives me an idea of what I am looking at. I have seen these before and some other SB input said they were for a double tank setup. …interesting..🤔
I know of a few of my on-line friends who ‘do’ vintage doubles and triples. I will pass it along to them if copacetic with you.
Scott G. Bonser
Hi possibly interested in the 94lb triste wing. Do you if this is 2016 or newer?

Used to love those OMS things, with the bands taught and the wing all scrunched up

reminds me of the haversack knapsack, with the roll over the top and down the sides

Vintage would be a mouth-inflated horse collar type BC.
Since you've already made the popcorn... REAL VINTAGE DIVERS DIVE WITHOUT A WING OF ANY KIND THE ONLY PURE AND TRUE VINTAGE SETUP IS WINGLESS AND ANYONE WHO DISAGREES SIMPLY DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO WEIGHT THEMSELVES PROPERLY AND IS USING THE WING AS A CRUTCH.

Back
Top Bottom