On the Verge of ordering a Bare HDC - one last review request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have now spoken to a half dozen dive shops about this suit. They all claim that it is a very big seller right now and except for turn around time, and a few situations where someone ordered the "custom fit" cave cut version and was measured a little off.....no one is aware of a single delamination issue. I have also scoured every website I could find and not a single report of a delam issue.

Strange that your diveshop has heard otherwise- but Ive spoken with enough people to convince me to move forward with an order.
I hope you enjoy the new suit and that everything works out.

The suit is ordered! I went with Neo neck. I didnt like the idea of losing the warm neck collar and having that much of the suit cut away otherwise I was going silicone.

I fugured Ive used the Neo for the last 5 years so why not. Im also having pockets added. Only thing I forgot when I ordered was Pee Valve, but maybe Ill call and add that.

I will post a full review as soon as it comes in and I get a few dives with it. In the meantime I need to get a new zipper on my XCD2!

Just took my HDC cave series out for the first time a couple days a go. It was for my drysuit certification and the only one I've ever been in the water with, so my experience is extremely limited. I opted for the Si Tech QCP glove system with silicone seals and the silicone neck seal. The thing I don't like about the neck silicone neck seal is they don't have a warm neck collar and for the price of it, they should have one on there. Overall the fit is great and everything functioned perfectly. The instructors all agreed that it is an excellent drysuit an dthe fit is just as it should be. Obviously my experience is limited but the legs seem to be the perfect shape in my opinion. When going inverted, you could barely tell the bubble had shifted to the legs. It was extremely easy to bring myself back to a horizontal position as if it were effortless.

The warm neck collar is bugging me though and I'm looking into different options to have one installed. That being said, I'm still extremely happy with my purchase.

We seem to have some issues with glue. Pockets and pee valve are showing partial glue failure after 20 dives or so on mine, not sure how many on the other two suits purchased around the same time, but I'm told they are all doing the same thing. No leaks, but it seems wrong to the LDS staff (one of whose suit is involved) for suits this new. After talking to Bare, Bare wants them back to look at, but I need mine until beginning of Feb for a class.

---------- Post added January 20th, 2015 at 10:53 PM ----------

The thing I don't like about the neck silicone neck seal is they don't have a warm neck collar and for the price of it, they should have one on there.
I've never heard of a "warm neck collar", could you expand on what you mean?

Thanks

I've never heard of a "warm neck collar", could you expand on what you mean?

Warm neck collar is neoprene that is attached to the shell of the suit over the neck seal.
dui-warmneck.jpg

You could, in theory at least, glue neoprene onto the outside of the ring. No idea how well that would hold up, or if the SI Tech ring would even accept glue that reliably holds neoprene .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom