once again, friday the 13th, pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the photos! Can't imagine how many years it will take me to get just one picture 1/2 as good as any that I've seen you post. (On the other hand, just think of all the diving I'll have to do to practice...:eyebrow:)

Time in the water is the key. I see you are just getting started... work on your diving skills first, get comfortable in the water. That's the most important thing. Get your advanced certification, it will add many more possibilities to the places you can dive. In all the posting from the last two weeks, most require an advanced certification. I used to live in VA, so I know it's not an everyday opportunity to dive like we have here. Who are you diving with when you are here?

Who are you diving with when you are here?

Sharing the wealth so to speak and diving with two shops - finishing up OW training with Scuba-Do on Friday along with another dive on Saturday and then on Sunday set to do morning and afternoon dives with Conch Republic.

Trying to decide if I should even bring my camera with me to use once I'm done with OW dives. Part of me says leave it behind and focus on getting more experience in the water. The other part keeps thinking of the shot I may miss if I don't bring it. :idk: Not to mention, how will I be able to make office mates jealous if I don't have photos to share.:D

(Of course, I'm sure my buddy might be willing to "hold" on to it for me and give it a test run...)

clpkab:

What camera do you have?
Only you can assess your comfort zone, so I can't say either way on that since I have not seen you in the water. I used a camera since my first dives - in those days it was a disc camera in a little housing, same size as modern era compacts, but only 15 shots on the disc. You have a great advantage with digital.

ALWAYS bring your camera - you can leave it on the boat if it's not a comfortable day, but have it there to give yourself the option.
Check out this article by my friend and photo mentor Stephen Frink: Alert Diver | Compact Cameras for Underwater Use about compact cameras
Should be some helpful info in there for you.

I know Conch Republic well, they will treat you right. I dive with them a fair amount. I've only been out a couple times with Scuba-Doo, but no problems and they are very nice folks.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom