Online Nitrox Courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....read some of their OW stuff....
I was specifically referring to the Nitrox class.

...... This is a statement from 2006 that the RSTC released regarding operations like this..... WRSTC News
Well ... 2006 ... it says it all

I guess what I am trying to figure out is .... does a Nitrox class really need to have a "Practical" portion?

I would be curious to know how many Nitrox cards has SDA issued and how many complaints they got by customers not able to use them. But probably we will never know.
So far we have a very limited sample (1 person) :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I'm just curious: what would be so complicated in diving nitrox which would prevent a company to issue a card after an online training which allow a diver to get his tank filled ?

Then (assuming the class/course is kind of good) if the diver screw up and die, who has the liability: the shop who fills or the agency which deliver the training ? Or in fact, none.

I'm just curious: what would be so complicated in diving nitrox which would prevent a company to issue a card after an online training which allow a diver to get his tank filled ?

Then (assuming the class/course is kind of good) if the diver screw up and die, who has the liability: the shop who fills or the agency which deliver the training ? Or in fact, none.

In dive accidents after the course is finished I never heard of the diver suing his dive instructor or training agency for causing the accident.

thank you for the response.
Here in USA?
Abroad?
Both?

I used it on two trips to Cozumel and to Israel. I don't think I've used Nitrox in any local diving yet. I was considering converting one of my 100 HP tanks to Nitrox for local diving. As far as the physical address is concerned I must have it somewhere in my computer because you do have to mail in your photo and some other info and they mail back the card. It's pretty hard to find DiveNav's physical address as well :)

Adam

interesting thread. I am serious thinking about getting my Nitrox PADI certification.
PADI online price is $205 then $150 to do two dives when on Bonaire. Course on Bonaire is $175 total and on special at $100 booked when you arrive ...
Thinking I will dedicate my Tuesday on bonaire to get this for $100 instead of other options. Saving me value vacation diving time is important but I don't think its worth extra money for half a day. thoughts??

I was just wondering how much they charge for this course that might get them into hot water??? Come to think of it... Is there a list of certifying agencies that are authorized to issue cards that are globally excepted? I have very limited exposure to the outside scuba world... being landlocked in Montana. :D
BTW...I just recently took my NAUI Nitrox exam and thanks to DiveNav's on-line Pre-Nitox class (A whopping $5.00) did well on the test. Thanks for a great product DiveNav

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom