Open water Padi in Punta Canta-recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marob37

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi.

My partner and I want to do our PADI open water and are in Punta Canta.

Can anyone recommend a school?

Amstar offer a course via ScubaAquatic.

Sea producers have also responded.

Thankyou
(I was recommended this forum by a member)

Hello @marob37 welcome to Scubaboard. While in DR before the pandemic, I dove with Scubafun in Bayahibe and found them to be enjoyable and safe. They appear to have a package deal where they pick you up for the 45 minute drive from Punta Cana.

I am sure that most PADI certified shops are just fine, but guess you wanted personal recommendations vs. the above website list that anyone on the internet can find in a 10 second search.

The reason I suggest Bayahibe even though it’s a drive from Punta Cana is because everyone says there is not much to see underwater at Punta Cana. The reef is very shallow at Bayahibe and great for new divers. You can use the drive time studying your training manual.

Best of luck with your certification.

+1 on @Curious_George 's recommendation of Bayahibe as a location over Punta Cana.

It is a long transfer, though, depending on exactly where you're based in Punta Cana, and it seems to get longer the more times you do it. If you'd rather stay relatively local I can recommend SeaPro Divers there. from personal experience. You'll probably be spending more time concentrating on your skills than worrying about the stripey fish anyway :cool:

Scuba Diving Dominican Republic | SeaPro Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom