Opening a Lightmonkey canister

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got the big LM canister with two E/Os out, and three banana plugs between the top cap and the body of the canister. Between one of the +s and the -ve I get the expected 12V, but the other +ve shows no voltage to -ve. My guess is that there's a wire that's come loose somewhere down there, and I'd like to take a look but I'm not sure how to get past the bulkhead. It seems to be sealed with a pretty large oring that doesn't seem to want to move anywhere. There's small cap in the center between the banana plugs that I can remove pretty easily that gives me access to the chamber behind, but it's about the size of a dime so it doesn't really help me much. Does anyone have any service manuals that would help?

I'm happy to send it in to LM, I just hate to bother them with something that seems so basic.

There's small cap in the center between the banana plugs that I can remove pretty easily that gives me access to the chamber behind, but it's about the size of a dime so it doesn't really help me much.
Know nothing about your canister....
But CAREFULLY try blowing air into the hole to push out the bulkhead,????
Can't stress enough. Very light pressure, if not you will have a cannon when something let's go...

I've got the big LM canister with two E/Os out, and three banana plugs between the top cap and the body of the canister. Between one of the +s and the -ve I get the expected 12V, but the other +ve shows no voltage to -ve. My guess is that there's a wire that's come loose somewhere down there, and I'd like to take a look but I'm not sure how to get past the bulkhead. It seems to be sealed with a pretty large oring that doesn't seem to want to move anywhere. There's small cap in the center between the banana plugs that I can remove pretty easily that gives me access to the chamber behind, but it's about the size of a dime so it doesn't really help me much. Does anyone have any service manuals that would help?

I'm happy to send it in to LM, I just hate to bother them with something that seems so basic.
The o ring sits in a groove and can be removed. I doubt the access port in the center will allow you to reconnect the loose banana plug wire, however. Suggest you call Corey or Joel and discuss. LM customer service is first class. They will likely ask you to sent the can to them for inspection/repair. The battery compartment is sealed against water intrusion (I know since I flooded mine-my error-but the bulkhead saved the battery). Suspect if you break that seal you're on your own.

Alright, sounds like I should do that. Corey's helped me out a lot over the years, just didn't want to bother him with something trivial.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom