Options for weekend Bahamas dive trips out of South East Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MannyDib2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering what the best options are for doing a weekend trip to the Bahamas from South East Florida.
Not looking to do any tech or cave. Shallow reefs are fine as long as they have that clear Bahama water.
Ideally something where I can bring my gear even if I have to rent tanks

Seems like there's a number of ferries, seaplanes and liveaboards.

Any and all advice is appreciated!
Thanks

One of the easier trips to make is a trip over to Bimini. There are a few options for getting there. The cheapest is to take the Balearia ferry from Ft. Lauderdale. I believe the ferry makes daily trips to and from Bimini. It’s comfortable but expect to dedicate 5+ hours of you day with check in, travel, and customs.

Once there, the main scuba operator is Neal Watson’s Bimini Scuba Center. They do daily trips to reef and wreck sites around the west side of the island. They have multiple boats and tank and gear rentals. They are most well known for their hammerhead shark diving trips in winter and spring.

I did a 3-day weekend trip earlier this year and had a good time. We stayed at the Bimini Big Game Club which is co-located with Neal Watson’s Dive Center. We did 3 days of diving. One of the dives was the hammerhead dive.

A MannyDib2...what's the connection to the original MannyDib?
Is this a teaser to the 11/23/2023 release of Dune:part 2?

A MannyDib2...what's the connection to the original MannyDib?
Is this a teaser to the 11/23/2023 release of Dune:part 2?
I tried to log in with my original MannyDib account but it wouldnt let me nor let me reset my password, so I made a new account.
Yes, its a reference to Muad'dib from Dune and he irony of having a username referencing a desert planet dweller on Scubaboard is not lost on me 😁

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom