Dive trips and liveaboard suggestions for Central/South America for April/May 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all!

I'm looking for some dive trip suggestions for late April/May. What are some good areas to go to from East Coast US? I'm considering Central and/or South America, but open to others as well! I'm an experienced diver with 200+ dives and Rescue certified. I prefer warmer water diving so would like to avoid needing a 7mm wetsuit! My preference is for liveaboards, but I'm open to others too!

I've been to Bahamas and Socorro in Mexico, so any other suggestions which are less than a 10 hour flight away would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank youuuu

I'd say Cocos Island but the chances of finding a spot at this late date might be slim. There's always the chance of a last minute cancellation, I suppose. Barring that, Turks and Caicos.

Explorer Ventures has two liveaboards that are very very easy to get to from the East Coast. One in Turks and caicos and the other operating between St Martin and St Kitts . (Diving is in Saba and St Kitts. St Martin is used for ease of traveling and provisions)
Each are excellent diving , good value and four hours +/- from New York. Highly recommended
explorerventures.com

Galapagos. It is an El Nino year. If you avoid Isabela, you're looking at 5mm. Hammerheads are there until May and calm seas compared to June-October.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom