Orca Pilot dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check and make sure it's the right manual. When I bought my Pilot new the manual it came with was for a different model. The seller gave us a printout that was the real manual. We didn't figure out the one in the box wasn't right until we started messing with the computer and the instructions didn't match what the computer was showing.

I still dive mine and can provide some help if you need it.
Ber :lilbunny:

Brian,
I forgot that they made 2 versions of this computer until I recieved the one I bought on Ebay.
The one I just bought is the newer version, but came with the old manual.
Where is the "No Stop" (the number inside of the large brackets) dive time displayed on your Pilot? The brackets are there even when the computer is off. The older one displays it to the lower left, the newer model is in the center.
If you have the newer version, the older manual will be a little confusing.
Let me know. I can try to assist you though the menu.
One thing on the new one that I haven't figured out is the setting under the COND-ALT>SAL menu. The options are 0-7, with 0 being default. These computers always return to default settings after completing Desaturation.
Karl

Ber Rabbit,
Can you answer my question about what the COND-ALT>SAL setting is for? I was able to figure everything else out.
thanks,
Karl

One thing on the new one that I haven't figured out is the setting under the COND-ALT>SAL menu. The options are 0-7, with 0 being default. These computers always return to default settings after completing Desaturation.
Karl

That should be place where you can set altitude and salinity. 0 is what it should be set to when diving at normal altitudes (below 1,000 ft) each number corresponds to a particular range of altitude but off the top of my head I can't remember what they are.

Yes, you can set the salinity of the water :confused:. I believe 0 is fresh water and the numbers get higher with increasing salinity. You need to bring along something to measure the actual salinity of the water if you want to accurately set this...for the record I've never noticed 0 being a problem in the salinity department.
Ber :lilbunny:

Brian,
I have the manual, but it's hard copy. I'll be glad to make you a copy, though it might take me a couple of days to track it down. My girl friend makes me put things away and thats just not my method of keeping track of stuff.
Now, what I'm looking for is the PC download kit for the Pilot. Have you seen one for sale?
thanks,
karl
Hi Karl,
This is a long-shot, as this thread is so old. But.... I also own an Orco Pilot dive computer and in need of the manual. Have scoured the internet and this looks like my only shot!
Thanks,
Matt

picassotriggerfish

check this thread:
Orca Pilot is the same computer as many other developed by Benemec so any manual from other brands will suit you :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom