Orca SkinnyDipper II computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kvcook

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
FOR SALE - I am hoping somebody can get some use out of this. Selling a SkinnyDipper II computer by Orca. I am the original owner and bought this back in the early 90s, and used it quite happily until I made the switch to nitrox diving. This is not for nitrox diving, and not ideal for night diving (no backlight), but it is nice and simple with a large, easy-to-read display. There are some light scratches on the face (visible in the first photo), as this was back in the days before screen protectors. They don't interfere with its visibility, and I suspect they would polish out if desired. Comes with an original Orca 10.8V battery (not THE original, but AN original). These have amazing shelf life - the computer shows battery strength of 118 on booting up, and the manual indicates any number over 75 is normal with an operational life of 500+ hours. The Orca batteries are no longer available, but replacement 1/2-AA, 3.6V batteries (you will need 3) are available at places like Amazon and Batteries Plus. The computer comes with a nylon case, plus a flexible silicon case that can be strapped to your wrist or forearm (quick-release straps included), or attached with the included hose mount. Manual also included.

Asking $45, which includes the paypal fee and shipping to CONUS addresses. Please contact me if you need it sent to another address. I don't know what these are worth these days, so I will consider any reasonable offers. Thanks for looking.

Kevin

Attachments

• P9221254.jpg
    P9221254.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 40
  • P9221253.jpg
    P9221253.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 37
  • P9221255.jpg
    P9221255.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 37
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/