Review Orcatorch D530 Review - Excellent small, compact dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently had the opportunity to use the Orcatorch D530 dive light. This is great little light that functions as a backup for night/cenote diving, or as a take along during day dives to look into holes in the reef. It’s small and compact, and at 5 3/2” long fits easily into your BC pocket.

Despite its small size it is solidly made from aluminum, and construction is sturdy. I like the three O-rings on the threaded shaft that ensures no water gets into the light and battery. Power is provided by the included 18650 battery – which was a little different from other batteries I have. This battery has a micro USB port in it that you plug directly into a wall charger – no separate 18650 sized charger is needed.

With a 1300 lumen LED it’s very bright – almost too bright when you look at your computer or gauges with it. But it does allow you to switch back to a more sedate 380 lumen mode. Battery life was fantastic – over 2 hours on the high setting with no sign of quitting. Being a smaller light the beam is smaller than other larger lights, but it has a great spot with a lot of light spill that helped illuminate open areas. It has a side mounted button that easily cycles through both modes as well as off. It also changes color to indicate remaining battery life. An additional feature of the switch is the lock out mode that renders the switch inoperative to prevent accidental operation when tossed into your dive bag. A quick double press of the light unlocks it.

The light comes its rechargeable 3400mAh 18650 rechargeable battery, USB A – micro B cord; wrist lanyard, extra O-rings; and a documentation packet.

This is an excellent small, compact light an excellent price point.

Some pics of the beam pattern from the D530. In the third photo the front beam is the D530.

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 55
I recently had the opportunity to use the Orcatorch D530 dive light. This is great little light that functions as a backup for night/cenote diving, or as a take along during day dives to look into holes in the reef. It’s small and compact, and at 5 3/2” long fits easily into your BC pocket.

Despite its small size it is solidly made from aluminum, and construction is sturdy. I like the three O-rings on the threaded shaft that ensures no water gets into the light and battery. Power is provided by the included 18650 battery – which was a little different from other batteries I have. This battery has a micro USB port in it that you plug directly into a wall charger – no separate 18650 sized charger is needed.

With a 1300 lumen LED it’s very bright – almost too bright when you look at your computer or gauges with it. But it does allow you to switch back to a more sedate 380 lumen mode. Battery life was fantastic – over 2 hours on the high setting with no sign of quitting. Being a smaller light the beam is smaller than other larger lights, but it has a great spot with a lot of light spill that helped illuminate open areas. It has a side mounted button that easily cycles through both modes as well as off. It also changes color to indicate remaining battery life. An additional feature of the switch is the lock out mode that renders the switch inoperative to prevent accidental operation when tossed into your dive bag. A quick double press of the light unlocks it.

The light comes its rechargeable 3400mAh 18650 rechargeable battery, USB A – micro B cord; wrist lanyard, extra O-rings; and a documentation packet.

This is an excellent small, compact light an excellent price point.
Were you compensated for this review?

Back
Top Bottom