Orlando area divers Thursday dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL!! I went through the same thing. I was averging 160 dives/summer up there. Lucky if I got 100 in since Nov.

Yeh, this recent ill-weather season has put a damper on diving. I have put aside close to 20+ dives that i had planned on due to the hurricanes. I think if you look around you will see a trip to the Destin Jetties (Deep South Divers), Ft Lauderdale beach diving and of course Venice all posted about for the same day - all the Conch divers are tired of being kept indoors and unable to dive - hence the rush to get out this weekend. I have stuff pencilled in for the next few weekends, both saturday and sunday, which is a step up from a few weeks off to deal with trees/houses or of course no viz!

Dutchfin (is it Rick?) which day are you thinking saturday or sunday - just so we wait around a little if we know you are coming? As for the get together at Becky's place, i will pencil you in on some kind of list on the thread when i get some more folks interested/posting. :wink:

simbrooks:
Yeh, this recent ill-weather season has put a damper on diving. I have put aside close to 20+ dives that i had planned on due to the hurricanes. I think if you look around you will see a trip to the Destin Jetties (Deep South Divers), Ft Lauderdale beach diving and of course Venice all posted about for the same day - all the Conch divers are tired of being kept indoors and unable to dive - hence the rush to get out this weekend. I have stuff pencilled in for the next few weekends, both saturday and sunday, which is a step up from a few weeks off to deal with trees/houses or of course no viz!

Dutchfin (is it Rick?) which day are you thinking saturday or sunday - just so we wait around a little if we know you are coming? As for the get together at Becky's place, i will pencil you in on some kind of list on the thread when i get some more folks interested/posting. :wink:
Looks like I'm leaning more towards Sun. Still straitening things up from the storms. And yes Simon, you had the name right. Alhambra?

Alhambra, however i wont be making the sunday trip, maybe another dive. Will be at manatee one of the next few weekends, cant recall if you are cavern or intro (i think intro), Fred Gray should be there, Smokeaire should also be there to intro dive, whilst the other Rick (GDI) takes us (Pete, Becky and myself) through intro dives/skills.

dutchfin:
Orlando and Simms, As I'm not affilliated with any 1 dive shop, the idea of local divers getting together and sharing experiences and dive spots in the central Fl. area sounds like a great idea to me. You can pencil my name in for that.

Excellent! I shall look forward to meeting you, if not diving with you beforehand. :)

Dutch it looks like I am good for Venice on Saturday and Sunday both, however I will have to leave early so I can get back here for work.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom