Orlando Lake Cleanup Event - ROSTER and info!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will Dayo be able to do fills before the dive? I haven't had a chance to top my cylinders off... :shocked2:

Ken

DON'T FORGET TOMORROW AT 8:00am!!!

IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP!

I will be there and this will be FUN! :D

Yes, Dayo Scuba can fill cylinders tomorrow morning, no problems and free!

I take it the depths we're looking at are trivial, 5-15 feet right? Just gauging gas consumption.

Also, what kind of water temps are we looking at? I'm presuming a 1-mil will be fine?

Fritz you are correct I would think we will be around 10 feet or less most of the time.
Water temps probably mid 70's

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out and was part of this event. It was a huge success! We are very grateful for everyone and their efforts.

Cheers to all of you!

Trip report! Need a trip report! :)

Trip report! Need a trip report! :)

Cyberfed is going to write it up, but they were planning on diving BHB at 4-ish today so he may not of had a chance. Major Congrats to Peter from Dayo Scuba who big time donated a huge BBQ, Free airfills, and hosted breakfast also, just an outstanding shop! Kudo's to NetDoc for holding down the fort while we all went diving too. It was a blast with 30 something divers. I'm only going to post one tiny picture of a my haul and wait for 'Fed's write up.

" Never Leave Home Without It !! "

IMG_2027.jpg

Dive Report -

We had approximately 25 divers that got wet on Saturday. We cleaned up two lakes and split up into two groups. We did lake Virginia and Lake Osceola.

Water temp averaged around 77-78 degrees. Our maximum depth at Lake Virgina was 20 feet with the average depth being around 10-12 feet. Visibility was pretty good for a lake, I would say in some spots around 20 feet viz. Wildlife was scarce..we only saw a few small bass and the occasional brim swimming around. The bottom was mostly dirt with some areas of algae and plant life.

We did about a 60 minute dive in like Virginia. We came out with TON of golf balls, bottles, cans, and plastic bags. Overall lake Virgina was very clean.

Once we got back to the shop we discovered that the other group had better luck at finding weird objects..they came back with boat propellers, the rim to a semi truck, a credit card, a lawn chair, all kinds of strange things.

The BBQ afterward was a great hit too. Many thanks to Dayo for helping us out so much, and thank you to all of you who came out!! I had a great time and hope we can do it again soon!

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom